Adventurecon

johnny foam

I took my 5 year old daughter to Adventurecon in Knoxville yesterday. It was our first time going to a convention and i have to say how friendly everyone was there, I didnt know a single person there, yet we were treated like family. We didnt want to leave. My little girl fell in love with R2-D2, she cried when we were leaving so we went back in so she could say goodbye to R2. The gentlman operating him was terrific, R2 chased her around and she loved it. We will definately be going back next year.

You know I may still have the files to do a 1:1 scale paper R2 if you are interested. Basically do like the guys do with pepekura and she could have an R2 of her own.:thumbsup

I was there in my MasterChief suit and my Iron Man suit. It was a pretty good turn out. once i get the pics up i will post them

I was there also... but mostly as a drunk aging punk guy. Oh and I also wore my StarShip Trooper costume around...

DSC_0176.jpg

Last edited:
Thats great that you had such a good time and especially that you're daughter enjoyed it so much.

There looks to have been some sweet costumes there, desolate. That Bumblebee and Terminator and Batman Begins are all supurb.

There looks to have been some sweet costumes there, desolate. That Bumblebee and Terminator and Batman Begins are all supurb.
Thanks man. You should have HEARD the Terminator. He had a real Austrian accent. Sounded just like Arnold, played the part REALLY well.

yeah it was at the downtown convention center in knoxville TN. it was a great event a lot of people and a lot of good times.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back