Can you identify these action figures ??

DrMcoy

Sr Member
From LIFE AQUATIC -- on either side of TV set -- they look to be a vintage kids action figures or playset figs from some 1970's Fischer Price or other "kids" brand toy line but have obviously been modified to look like Team Zissou. Any help appreciated as I would love to find them and make a few.

210655096_cf5b4da78e_o.jpg

Wow, that was quick...thanks, guys -- I LOVE the RPF!!! :)

By the way, if anybody has some of these to sell, drop me a line...now off to ebay to see if I can find any.

Here's a funny thing that happened to me a long time ago... I had just purchased a rancor toy from Jedi in an old antique store. I could never figure out why his mouth never worked right but he spent most of the time on the shelf anyway. Years later I'm dusting and reworking some of the old Kenner stuff and find one of these figures inside of the Rancor jammed in the back of his throat.

Would be great to see someone do the figures! I'm sure you could do better than what is seen on screen.

Well, when they release the new Ghostbusters figs, one could take Venkman's head (Murray) and sculpt a Zissou body for it, but the charm in using the Adventure People modified to look like Zissou is that this is what was used as a prop in the actual movie -- and that is what I'll be shooting for.

Darth -- can't wait to see what your Zissou offering will be :)

Jedifyfe, Those are amazing pics!
I have never seen those mock-ups. :eek
Now I wanna get some of the FP figs and mock-up those SW figures, too.

Thanks for the link!!

The sad thing about the old protos is that they mostly ended up in a dumpster.. and then found their final resting place in the rumpke dump :cry

I miss Kenner :love

Thanks for the link!!

The sad thing about the old protos is that they mostly ended up in a dumpster.. and then found their final resting place in the rumpke dump :cry
I miss Kenner :love

I think Steve Sansweet has a couple of prototype figs. At least one Boba Fett.

Brad

Awesome! I've never seen those mockups before! I had a bunch of those Adventure people growing up. GI Joes usually took their stuff though for official Joe business.

Yeah, I remember these figs also... I believe a friend had kind of divers or construction workers.

The SW-Prototype images are awesome and seem to represent the most early stage of the toyline back then.
Heck, these are even pre-Early-Bird-Kit... :thumbsup

Yes, these were made to be able to show kenner the size and playablilty of action figures.

It would be fun to make these now, but what then? I wouldn't want to display them...

Brad

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back