Normal human eye size?

godaiking

This probably has been posted here before, but I couldn't find any info.

I'm currently about to work on a few lifesize busts (Arnie, Ledger Joker, etc) and need to buy some glass eyes for them. What's the average size for these (in MM)?

-Joe

My goodness hasn't Arnie and the Joker been done to death already :confused :lol

Anyway... Human eyes are usually 26mm but can vary a few mm here and there. In my experience and I'm sure Howard and others would back me up here... the 26mm eyes would give you a more 3D look to the eyes and more depth around the corners of the eyelids.

Last edited:
Why not combine the two for the world's creepiest Governor?

952041_db7a_625x1000.jpg

Well, first off, I never said I was sculpting these. I'm working with Howard S' bust and a Laser scan of T3 arnie.

Geez....:confused

-Joe

Awwwwwww don't be sensitive!

Easy mistake to make from what you wrote lol I'm just in a silly mood tonight:wacko

Cantor and Nissel are the best and most expensive from what i know... There are other cheaper versions out there but I'm sure other members who do up busts can point you in the right direction there:)

My goodness hasn't Arnie and the Joker been done to death already :confused :lol

Anyway... Human eyes are usually 26mm but can vary a few mm here and there. In my experience and I'm sure Howard and others would back me up here... the 26mm eyes would give you a more 3D look to the eyes and more depth around the corners of the eyelids.

That was my first thought as well :lol:lol:lol
I agree with you in the dimetions as well!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back