Tie fighter pilot/X wing pilot electronic clipboard, kneeboard?

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
I can't remember. Do one of these pilots have an electronic clipboard for their flight plans or something?

I saw a post about it a couple years ago and now I can't remember. I seem to recall it being somewhere around 5" by 8", kinda simple looking.

Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? :confused

Is that a standard part of the suit?

I looked at some pics with Mark Hamill and did not see anything like that but then i did not do a real big search.

No, they aren't canon. It was something Frank did because he is in the Navy and saw Navy pilots with kneeboards so he extrapolated them into the SW universe.

Okay, I am five years late but I love this topic.

Yes, all the above is true. Along with the inspiration of my stick time in a T-34C, I was also inspired by the kneeboards in the old BSG.

kneeboard2.jpg

It was a quick but satisfying project. It is just a seperate panel that clips right into a standard military style kneeboard. It is just a scrap sheet of plastic and the left over parts, striping, and paint from building the chest box (hard to tell in this image but the panel is painted the same color gray as the chest box). The concept is that it is made by the same manufacture who produces the chest box. The display screen is simply a photoshopped image of a TIE from an essential guide made to look as if it is glowing.

If anyone has done a kneeboard or any other extra pilot related gear, I would love to see it.

Anyone know what the old vintage calculators were for the BSG viper pilot kneeboards??

The small ones were Sharp Elsimate EL8133

What were the long Checkbook size Athena is sporting in this classic shot (Always loved her)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back