Up Props

cboath

Master Member
I'm really wanting a 'My Adventure Book' :)

The Grape soda cap would be great, too. Too bad the buzz kills that bid slapped a C&D on the one's here before....

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But if anyone wants to take some of these generic, non-disney related grape bottle caps off my hands, just PM me. :lol

Last edited:
I whipped up a Paradise Falls clipping:

Paradise-Falls-PIcture.jpg

It isn't perfect, but I made it with available reference. I'm sure better reference will make itself available eventually.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

But if anyone wants to take some of these generic, non-disney related grape bottle caps off my hands, just PM me. :lol

Could you send me a picture of one of your "completely-non-related-and-in-no-way-looks-to-be-or-ever-will-be-a-replica-of-the-piece-in-the-movie-so-Disney-ignore-this-post" bottle caps? :love

I work at the disney store and when I saw the my adventure book I was wondering the same thing. since I just saw UP this weekend I would like to suggest that as an acurate replica of what is seen in the movie... it's crap. at most you'd be able to use the front cover. the inside pages and the back are all printed with pics of grouchy mr fredricson (sp?) and the kid. for prop replicas I wouldn't recommend anything we sell premade.

I work at the disney store and when I saw the my adventure book I was wondering the same thing. since I just saw UP this weekend I would like to suggest that as an acurate replica of what is seen in the movie... it's crap. at most you'd be able to use the front cover. the inside pages and the back are all printed with pics of grouchy mr fredricson (sp?) and the kid. for prop replicas I wouldn't recommend anything we sell premade.

Yeah, even the lettering on the cover is not what is seen in the movie. Not much salvageable there.

Like the others stated, the Disney "My Adventure Book" isn't screen accurate at all. I still got it, and plan on using it as a base for My Adventure Book prop. I messed around with Photoshop a bit using what little resources I could find, and have come up with this more screen accurate version so far:

myadventurebook.jpg

I plan on printing the globe out separately so I can tape it on over the top. I have a 300dpi resolution version I'm working on that is the same size as the Disney book, so once I'm done I just plan on pasting it over the current cover. Quick and dirty, but it gets the job done!

I imagine once we get the movie on Blu-Ray, we should be able to pull screenshots from a lot of the pages... but until then... :love

I was able to put a generic, non-disney related grape bottle cap on my wife's dress this evening. Made her cry.
Laffo.

This is somthing I have on the cards possibly once I finish my current paper prop project that's been going for the last three months...

I'm really wanting a 'My Adventure Book' :)

The Grape soda cap would be great, too. Too bad the buzz kills that bid slapped a C&D on the one's here before....

Now that the Blu-Ray is out, I can't wait for someone to start making a My Adventure Book!

I just watched the movie again on blu, and there are a TON of great shots of the interior pages, shouldn't be too hard to make all the inserts! I'd start on it myself, but I have no way of screen-grabbing the frames...

I would love to see that and have thought about putting together the collar with a sound chip and a few random phrases for my bulldog. The collar would be a hoot.

Doc

I've been wanting to do the collar as well, just as a display piece. Shouldn't be too difficult to whip one together. Just have to find some scrap leather in an appropriate wieght.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back