The Rocketeer (rocketpack help)

hikz

Hi guys, I need some help on making a rocketpack, as you can see in the picture I have already had a go at a scratch build, which did'nt turn out to bad for a first attempt. But now I want to make a better one and was wondering if anyone had reference material regarding size and measurements, I have seen the MIM pack and was wondering if anyone has one they might be able to measure and do me some rough plans. I would be very gratefull for any help
cheers
jamie

Thanks for the positive comments, I do like this pack but i want to make a more accurate one as I have some friends who would like one and I want to get the pack looking as close to the real one as I can, If I can't get any info then I'll use this as a starting point for the other packs. And for those who are interested in how I made this one heres a few pics of the build
cheers
jamie

This is a pic taken in my old apartment of a casting. Finheads may recognize it. I know it's old for wear, but hey, it did have the honor of being the "first" kit available.
Cheers,
Will

I'd love to know the demensions of the "tubes" on the pack, i.e. where the pack ends and the exhaust nozzles begin. I have an old casting from Disney that I got here, and it's badly warped. I want to heat it back to shape and get the diameter nice and right!

Here is a rough pic with some of the measurements I would like, Also could you let me know the overall length not including the flaps
Thanks for your help Will

Hope it make sense
cheers
jamie

Awesome job !!! were did you get the picture of the one with the measurement over it ? The detail on that one is incredible.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back