Another 8rad/leichter build

bluelight

Have you tried to scratchbuild ESB oneway pods??
so you have at least 5*8rad and 5*leichter kits..
have you wandered what to do with the remaining hull parts?
...here is a lead
:lol:lol:lol:lol

1082433.jpeg

1125010.jpeg

1160490.jpeg

hope you like it!!

Last edited:
Agreed!!! Nothing fires me up more than seeing these kinds of creative examples of model artistry. Sometimes, when I'm slavishly devoted to a build that has to be "accurate", I feel like a really good Art forger. Sure it's a skill, but it's almost paint-by-numbers in it's rigidity.

But to create something all your own, and in such a way that it looks correct to the genre? Brilliance. MOAR!!!

the bottom of those 8-rads should be salvaged though if you want to do some nice trench work (ala star destroyer). good stuff though. after you collect all you need and have lots of leftovers from the SS builds, you gotsta think GREEN, LOL...and make good use of your leftovers.

keep it up.

Here it is short update
fuselage is complete primered in black sorry for the poor quality of pics (mobile camera)
2296438.jpeg

2388767.jpeg

2447689.jpeg

I also thought that some wings would have fit well the overall silhouette :rolleyes here below you see the top view of the wings (they will be glued to the pod using the bottom tank hull you see in the middle)
2619117.jpeg

cheers

that thang is looking MEAN!
can't wait to get some clear pictures, some primer..and multiple angles.

do you know where you're headed with this build...or more build-as-you-go?

(btw tavor, i hit you on your yahoo this morning...not sure if you recognized me)

That's awesome Tavor !

Only thing is bugging that's the fuel cans, they can be spotted too heasily IMHO, besides that you did an incredible job, do you know how you will paint it ?

PS : I havent forgotten you ! ;)

thank you all again for your encouraging words of support!
Yeah Julien is right! the cans have not been my best choice and are very recognizable (n)thumbsdown
Might try to change them but not sure it is worth a try as I might end up compromising the rear of the model (the parts are tightly glued)
On the paint no idea ..but nothing fancy .. I have some light gray paint that could fit well
cheers

you may try layering/decorating over top of the cans somehow...where the viewer doesn't see a whole/plain fuel drum? i dunno. just a though?

This project is not dead :)... after some months I had some spare time to dedicate to it.. I have redone the back.. added a larger thruster bell, sphere tanks, dorsal spine, tail fins, ventral fin etc
this is where I have got to
7883031.jpeg

8067079.jpeg

8111132.jpeg

and base paint
8144337.jpeg

8202347.jpeg

hope you like it

Hey T,

Wow how big is it ? (I have an idea of the fuselage but not with the wings !).

It could be a filming miniature, which color will you paint it finally ?

(looks great in gray, maybe with some colored marking and an heavy weathering ?)

thank you for your kind words!:$
must say I've been carried away when I ws building this!
I added pingpong balls, and small fruitsalad cups for the thrusers.. and then frames of HO cranes.. it came out a real mesh..

Hey T,

Wow how big is it ?

J..have you seen? I followed your advice and tried to make the jerry cans look better :lol .. so they have become the base of the small tail wings :lol
wings are 1/24 airfix mustang
cheers

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back