Can styrene and ABS be glued/melded together??

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
Knowing that ABS is a form of styrene I can only assume it's possible. If so, which glue medium should I use...the one tailored to ABS or styrene???

It seems more logical to me to have a need for the ABS glue since it needs to be able to melt the ABS andthe styrene together. Of course I could always just used some gorilla glue or some sort of epoxy, but I'm looking for a pretty strong bond to increase the strength of a piece.

Any thoughts or has anyone tried it?? What with all of the ABS and styrene being used around these parts it seems that someone would have tried to marry the two by now:$

Thanks for any input:)

No problem the solvent adhesives are pretty universal, they should be specified for both... As you said if you need to go one or the other go with the ABS stuff...

Yes, the 'S' in 'ABS' stands for styrene, so they can be glued together. A lot of glues will work, but I have tremendous success with regular ol' Super Glue.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back