Has anyone made Spider-Man Web Shooters? - Comic Book Style

Terrasolo

Sr Member
I'm curious to see what others have done as I have been thinking about these for a while now. Would love to get some ideas.

I had actually attempted this, however, it was a last minute project, and didn't come out exactly as I had liked. I made the Scarlet Spider style.

I had a few that came in cereal boxes that shoot water. ;) They are just a little web shaped thing that holds water and when you squeeze it it squirts water for a few squirts.

You are correct, sir. Rylo did a spot on version of the wrist shooters, lots of metal pieces. You'd swear they were functional.

Thanks! (That was a TV version)

Ptbynbrs did a nice version too that came before mine.

Diamond Select did the solid comic version in metal. The stand sucked but the shooters were cool once you bent the palm trigger out a little.

-Rylo

You are correct, sir. Rylo did a spot on version of the wrist shooters, lots of metal pieces. You'd swear they were functional.

Thanks! (That was a TV version)

Ptbynbrs did a nice version too that came before mine.

Diamond Select did the solid comic version in metal. The stand sucked but the shooters were cool once you bent the palm trigger out a little.

-Rylo

Do you have pics of the TV version?

Of course the perfect version would be with the belt. Since even in the comic the belt held spare web cartridges.
Of course do you do the later version that had the led that let Spidey know that he was getting low on fluid? I wish I could remember which issue really showed Spidey's gear off.

Very nice ref pics, thanks. I have to go through my old Romita, Jr. comics and see how he does them, I think he is the ultimate Spidey artist, to me.

I have alwasy wondered though, how does Spider-Man Fight with those things? it's a solid metal trigger, or so it looks, with no flexibility, so how can he bend his wrist at all angles. Not that I am complaining, I love those things.

Wow! I used to be an ardent 'true believer'. I haven't been a regular reader for years, but I can't believe I never thought to analyze Spidey like that.

Just think about all metric tonnes of steel and other building debris some of those super powered baddies toss at him. How do those little 'flappy paddles' not get bent all to hell and crushed into non-functionality?

Doc Ock is forever nabbing 'ol web head by his skinny wrists. How do these things withstand the pressure of those robotic claws?

Seems like Peter'd at least have one of get crushed once in a while and leave some major bruises if not a few broken bones that he'd have to explain to Aunt May and Dr. Connors.

Last edited:
In one of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics the King Pin did crush one of his shooters, so at least they thought of it somewhere.

I have to admit that i much prefer the idea of organic webs as it lends itself more to credibility and his powers. But having loved this character since I was old enough to watch cartoons, I do love the web shooters and am glad that they are back in the comics. They are Spider-Man in the comics, the movie can have organic, I'm cool with that, but in the comics, they use them well.

I liked the scrapped movie organic web shooters becasue they were two trigger buttons attacked to thin wires so we didn't have that "bent metal" or bending of the wrists issues I brought.

Personally I hated the idea of organic web shooters. As a die-hard Spidey comic fan, the web shooters were part of his character. They would mis-fire, run out of fluid, they were affected by cold and water. He was always getting into trouble due to his shooters acting up. It added more to the suspense and drama during a campaign.
Besides, organic webbing coming out of his WRISTS? Kids, come on. The argument about this being more "realistic" doesn't work. The webs would have to come out of his butt. :lol

I agree the web shooter made for more story complication and challenges for Peter, but I just think the organic ones make sense, Imean he got all the other "powers" of a spider.

But like I said above, I do love the web shooter. for the comics, I prefer them, in the movies, the organic are just fine and since they are established, I wouldn't want to see them change it now.

Here are a couple of pics of Rylo's TV version Web Shooter.
DSCN3148.jpg

DSCN3149.jpg

(Puttin mah nerd hat on)

A few times in the comics, he managed to get his shooters crushed. Mostly it's a bad idea though, since the web fluid is under high pressure. I assume he reinforced them after it happened a few times. IIRC even once he managed to turn a skinhead into a giant blob when he managed to get some experimental web fluid dropped on him.

In the comics they tend to go with the "it's wires and he has to double tap it to have it shoot" explaination, since if they went with anything else he would be shooting webs every time he made a fist.

(takin mah nerd hat off)

I have one of rylo's tv shooters. On the show, he only wore one on his suit. It's a terrific piece of engineering. I might be selling it soon though (no other spidey props).

Someone (forget who) did a movie version where they used the concept art and build for the shooters, and it looked god damned amazing. I can't recall who it was though.

Other than diamond, I can't think of a company that made or is making the comic based shooters though.

Chris

i always wondered how someone could get spider powers but not the ability to shoot webs, considering the spider that bit him was a web spinning spider. those tv web shooters are awesome!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back