How do I remove print "ink" from plastic

anyway - on the subject of kicker - just what exactly is that stuff chemically I mean? It smells so familiar, and I thought it was the WD-40 smell, but experimenting with WD-40 to kick CA did not work. Is there a commonly available chemical equivalent to Kicker?

The kicker contains dissolved amines (these are the catalyst), they can be disolved in a variety of solvents... Likely what you smell is the solvent they used, and that solvent varies by manufacture, if it's familiar I suspect maybe MEK, as it has a sweet smell...

I've used that spray on aircraft paint remover on plastic with no ill effects. You will want to try it first to see if it would react to your plastic though.

How many posts in an old thread does it take to go from necro to resurrected?
I think there's been enough here.....

The MAGIC thing I use to remove inks like Sharpie, ballpoint, Magic Marker and sticky stuff like tape or glue residues and price stickers from h e double L, and at least give it a try on any kind of general gunk stuck fast to a NON-POROUS surface is automotive Bug-n-Tar remover. The brand I use is Gunk, but I guess they are pretty much all the same.

I've used it on hard plastics, plastic dolls, vinyl, painted surfaces. bare and painted metals and furniture surfaces, with great results and no harm to the objects. But ALWAYS TEST anything first on a scrap or in an inconspicuous spot before jumping headlong. Just spray a little of the Bug-n-Tar remover on a small rag or paper towel and wipe at the "offender" till it disappears. Usually you can just dry off any residual with a dry rag or paper towel, but if you think it's too oily, you can wash it off with soapy water, rinse and dry.

I do a lot of treasure hunting at thrift shops and some of them are notorious for being a little heavy handed with the marker on items because there seems to be problems here with price tag switching--don't get me started, that's for another thread!?!

Anyway, that's my Magic Tip of the day! :)

Shylaah

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back