Nightmare's ironman WIP

cougar184

Nightmare's Iron Man WIP

got my suit last week and started the trimming process. im 5 hours in now and barely made a dent. here are some pics for your enjoyment. comments, questions, suggestions all are welcome:love
DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1050.jpg

on the helmet I had to split the rear of it and add 1/2 plug to get the helmet to fit on. I still have some sanding and heating to do before I attempt to get the helmet on again.

Re: Nightmare's Iron Man WIP

i would like to add the lines around the arc reactor any ideas on how to do it?

also can anyone point me in the direction of an affortable arc reactor, if there is one out there.

Resin? Holy crap that set must be heavy...but it must feel glorious! :thumbsup

WOW!

How clean are these to assemble?

What kind of work needs to be done to get it ready for prime
and then painting?

Is there a hold for the arc reactor?
Hand holes for lights?

I am surprised they dont offer a kit themselves?

Looks very cool.

May I ask their contact info or website?
I cannot afford anything right now but would love to get in line
as soon as a work miracle happens.

Would you reccomend this for a newbie to handle? I have a small cordless dremmel. (What would this really take. You mentioned it's resin... Is it thick or flimsy this.

Thanks
Tom

http://www.nightmarearmorstudios.com/ --the only question I can answer.
WOW!

How clean are these to assemble?

What kind of work needs to be done to get it ready for prime
and then painting?

Is there a hold for the arc reactor?
Hand holes for lights?

I am surprised they dont offer a kit themselves?

Looks very cool.

May I ask their contact info or website?
I cannot afford anything right now but would love to get in line
as soon as a work miracle happens.

Would you reccomend this for a newbie to handle? I have a small cordless dremmel. (What would this really take. You mentioned it's resin... Is it thick or flimsy this.

Thanks
Tom

the castings are pretty clean. there are a few spots that need to be cleaned with excess resin and a few pin holes but nothing out of the ordinary. the casting are about 1/3 inch thick so they are very sturdy. as assembly there is a lot of work ahead of me. it took me close to 4 hours to clean up all the boot parts and there is still wrk to do there but its now very close to the primer stage. the chest I have about a hour and a half into it but thats just breaking the parts up I still have a lot of clean up work there. :love there is a cut out for the arc reactor and something to place there to hold a light but im still looking in to how I want to do it. ill keep you guys posted on that front. unfortantly there are no parts for the hands Sid I guess uses pvc piping to make his, but I might have a lead on someone to make a pair of gloves and the neck armor over in china.

just saw this
"Would you reccomend this for a newbie to handle? I have a small cordless dremmel. (What would this really take. You mentioned it's resin... Is it thick or flimsy this."

im using my plug in dremel for this one and a diamond cutting disc, cuts like butter.

as for a newbie I would have to ask what experiences you have working with resin. I dont think ive done anything that requires much experiences yet but if you take on this one make sure you have some contacts to ask questions too. I have a couple people that ive been picking there brain just to figure out how to assemble this

another 2 hours put in today, so far and I have the parts sort of trimmed. they all can get placed but im going to have to do some trimming I think to a few parts so I can move

heres the leg armor in place. im still working on the harness for hold the parts up but thought I would get some pics taken

Very nice Cougar184.
Do keep updates on your progress.
Whats your plan to the strap system for the armour?
Again.. nice suit bro.:love

Im hoping to have some pics in the next couple days of the straping system aleast for the legs. ill keep you guys posted

Nice. I see his customer service is still top notch...:unsure

It is not listed on the site... How did you find out about it?

You got to talk to them at dragoncon and you have to wave some money around. They do nice paint jobs but their work is hardly good enough to warrant so much attitude.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back