EFX TIE Interceptor

Yawn...wasnt anything else in the Archives at the time to scan :lol? Seems weird, to do Red 5, the follow with an Interceptor, a std TIE would have been more apt....or, if they were going for ROTJ props...why not a Bwing?

lee

The newsletter said they were scanning a lot of items, and that the TIE was one of their upcoming releases... I wonder what else they have going. The Intercepter is cool no doubt. But like some of you - its pretty far down my wish list.

Jedi Dade

I dont think eFX "could" do an A wing Nick...they seem to love playing it safe with do-overs :lol

lee

I know they want to do the larger ships...slave one etc.

However, economy being what it is, Im not surprised they are going after smaller ships that will be more affordable.

Have to do a TIE if ya made the XWING. Id love a nice TIE.
I REALLY want the Vader TIE and hope they get to that soon.

Im sitting here thinking....what ship would I want to see next.
(Besides the Vader Tie)

One comes to mind.

B WING.

Thing is JD, the way i see it (and im actually going to pay Steve a compliment here :lol) the Interceptor has been done, and been done darn well, its a wonderful pattern and kit, the build up's ive seen are stellar.

So, for eFX to announce this, well, whats the point? With the 30th of TESB around the corner....wouldnt something a little more "out there" be called for...i dont know, i just tire of "do overs" i guess, move on, new ground stop taking easy paths maybe?

eFX, IMO, should be looking to break new ground, not offer up re runs of GK's that are already amazing...thats just lazy.

I reckon a TIE bomber would have been a more fitting announcement for TESB's 30th maybe.....affordable, with ref and knowledge at the ready too, if they were to follow on in the ANH push...a Hero TIE seeing as they just released the pretty much, grail ANH prop in Red 5 and of they were looking for a specific ROTJ release....i can think of a few more that would be more fitting than the Interceptor.

Nah, i have to say, im really not too impressed with these guys right now,or in all there recent offerings, non of which, has screamed "buy me" in any way, shape or form!

Sorry guys, gotta say it as i see it im afraid!

lee

However, economy being what it is, Im not surprised they are going after smaller ships that will be more affordable.

(Besides the Vader Tie)

One comes to mind.

Frank i agree, B wing, if one were to think of ROTJ, hell, Moes lined up for that one....his build is well, STUNNING and a perfect doorway to releasing said prop!

I see the point on the economy for sure, its still not a great time, but, as i said, the Bomber, hell what an easy, info abundant and affordable winner of a prop.....its perfect for them, and im 100% sure, it would be snapped up by all.

Steve, has already nailed the ROTJ TIE, Johns pattern is a stunner, how do you top that......you dont im afraid it just gets boring...for me at least lol.

lee

Thing is JD, the way i see it (and im actually going to pay Steve a compliment here :lol) the Interceptor has been done, and been done darn well, its a wonderful pattern and kit, the build up's ive seen are stellar.

So, for eFX to announce this, well, whats the point? With the 30th of TESB around the corner....wouldnt something a little more "out there" be called for...i dont know, i just tire of "do overs" i guess, move on, new ground stop taking easy paths maybe?

eFX, IMO, should be looking to break new ground, not offer up re runs of GK's that are already amazing...thats just lazy.

I reckon a TIE bomber would have been a more fitting announcement for TESB's 30th maybe.....affordable, with ref and knowledge at the ready too, if they were to follow on in the ANH push...a Hero TIE seeing as they just released the pretty much, grail ANH prop in Red 5 and of they were looking for a specific ROTJ release....i can think of a few more that would be more fitting than the Interceptor.

Nah, i have to say, im really not too impressed with these guys right now,or in all there recent offerings, non of which, has screamed "buy me" in any way, shape or form!

Sorry guys, gotta say it as i see it im afraid!

lee

I can see your point but From eFX's perspective its not a do-over as they are (or don't seem to be) concerned about what garage kits are out there. Or are leveraging the work already done on those subjects so that they can keep their development costs under a tighter leash. As much as I dislike this next statement it is true...eFX's (primary) market is not people like us that can and do build models. However they (rightly) do leverage our research, and nit-picky obsession with these topics to get the result "correct", or at least reasonably so.

I picked up the X-Wing, and the total evaluation of that product is extremely good IMHO. While I've seen better paintjobs from some of us around here, overall Ithink its better then a lot of us here as well... I include myself here - the paint is probably as good as "I" can do, but I'm by far NOT the best painter on this board... Heck I'm only a couple of grades above a hack really :lol

However back to topic. Well traveled topics allows eFX to leverage "us" more effectively in the product development. For a fledgling company its actually a bit of genious really... But that's just my opinion...

Jedi Dade

Ralphee Said: "Steve, has already nailed the ROTJ TIE, Johns pattern is a stunner, how do you top that"

Thank you John C

How can they offer a tie Interceptor before the classic ANH Tie!

GFollano

About sums it up Gerardo....perfect statement!

JD, i dont see any genius im afraid, i see lack of vision at this stage, an easy target...but maybe that is what it is...an easy target audience being played to...and, im sure, itll sell very well, but i still call it lazy, and unimaginiative on the part of eFX.....dissapointing even?

lee

How different is the body between the Interceptor and a regular TIE? Perhaps we'll see a quick turnaround of the two if it's the same body.

ANH Hero TIE, compared to ROTJ interceptor......hulls are pretty different, so both would need a true pattern i believe.

lee

I wanted a standard TIE to go with my new Red 5. I like the Interceptor but I'm going to have to pass. I just don't think it makes much sense not to do a standard TIE after the Interceptor. Oh well.

(Besides the Vader Tie)

One comes to mind.

Frank i agree, B wing, if one were to think of ROTJ, hell, Moes lined up for that one....his build is well, STUNNING and a perfect doorway to releasing said prop!

I see the point on the economy for sure, its still not a great time, but, as i said, the Bomber, hell what an easy, info abundant and affordable winner of a prop.....its perfect for them, and im 100% sure, it would be snapped up by all.

Steve, has already nailed the ROTJ TIE, Johns pattern is a stunner, how do you top that......you dont im afraid it just gets boring...for me at least lol.

lee

I hear ya, and probably would not disagree with most of your points.

However, you have to keep in mind, not everyone will have access to the kits you mentioned. So, looking at it from "JOE SCHMUCKATELLY" collector who cant build, and has never heard of the RPF.

He probably wants a TIE.

As unbelievable as it may seem, the RPF members represent a small portion of the collectors. Not the whole market.

I hear ya, and probably would not disagree with most of your points.

However, you have to keep in mind, not everyone will have access to the kits you mentioned. So, looking at it from "JOE SCHMUCKATELLY" collector who cant build, and has never heard of the RPF.

He probably wants a TIE.

As unbelievable as it may seem, the RPF members represent a small portion of the collectors. Not the whole market.

Exactly! but why go for the Tie Interceptor instead fo the classic Tie,
I mean wouldn't most collectors want the ANH Tie instead of the Tie Interceptor?
I honestetly think this is a really bad move from EFX.

GFollano

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back