Custom Acrylic display cases

ReelClones

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone know a source for custom made acylic display cases similar in style to the MR ones? (must be able to send to the UK) I have loads of fan made stuff that needs to be properly displayed not just stuck on a shelf! So far I have drawn a blank in my search :(

http://www.dreamkeepers.co.uk/

Pricey but nicey custom cases - phone/email for costs.

sdcase.jpg

DSC_1405a.jpg

:cool

Thanks for the info guys I'll look into it to see if they can make the ones I need. Kodofett's cases are just what I'm looking for but he won't ship internationally or accept paypal :( I need the cases to have the internal holders to support props such as phasers, blasters and tricorders.

That looks great indeed. And what a coincidence damster117! I was thinking about the same thing today, a source shipping acrylic display cases to the UK and your thread popped up!

The model is in three parts from the production and I didn't want it stuck together as I wanted to retain it's original condition from ILM.
I sent Creative Laser the model and he worked out the system of acrylic supports for each of the three parts to keep it's shape and I also included the storyboard featuring the Y-Wing for a backdrop which they framed behind the model.
It's a big bloody case and was custom sized to fit in the display space in our cabinet in the front room with dimensions I supplied so it was pretty expensive.Came in around 250 quid but as this is one of my favourite pieces I spent the money on it.
I can't recommend them highly enough.Great displays,very professional and very willing to work with you to your specific design needs.
I love this displayNever get tired of seeing it in the living room and it makes for a great talking point.

Isn't a member named Nils making some now?

Yes you're right! They look very good too thanks for posting :)

The model is in three parts from the production and I didn't want it stuck together as I wanted to retain it's original condition from ILM.
I sent Creative Laser the model and he worked out the system of acrylic supports for each of the three parts to keep it's shape and I also included the storyboard featuring the Y-Wing for a backdrop which they framed behind the model.
It's a big bloody case and was custom sized to fit in the display space in our cabinet in the front room with dimensions I supplied so it was pretty expensive.Came in around 250 quid but as this is one of my favourite pieces I spent the money on it.
I can't recommend them highly enough.Great displays,very professional and very willing to work with you to your specific design needs.
I love this displayNever get tired of seeing it in the living room and it makes for a great talking point.

It is a very impressive display. The only thing that worries me about it is sending my items away to have a case made.

Thanks again everyone I now have a few options to consider!

That looks great indeed. And what a coincidence damster117! I was thinking about the same thing today, a source shipping acrylic display cases to the UK and your thread popped up!

Sorry missed your post! What kind of case were you looking for? I have found a supplier in Germany for standard acrylic cases without a proper base/support etc. It would be ideal for a helmet with it's own stand or similar. I ordered one for my MFX Cyberman (see pic).

Their web address is

http://www.sorashowcases.com/xtc/index.php?language=en

IMG_0338.JPG

Does someone know where to buy a cheap acryl case of 28 cm x 28 cm x 44 cm for a 1:6 scaled figure?

All these sites listed here are pretty expensive. I don't feel like paying 100 euros for a display case.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back