CM

Well the build is still moving forward although there was one set back with one of the containers.:unsure
So while i'm waiting for a replacement i've been weathering the others and i also started the rear antenna's.I've also added the rest of the bomb halves to the engine section with a little help getting some original halves that were required for there bit's of detail on the sides.Then i've done the front detailing of them boxes with the Wostok and Leopold part's.Not really sure the bottom half is correct,i don't have one clear picture at all showing how all that was originally so i sorta went with the pattern and this is what i ended up with.If a clear picture ever does turn up i'm sure you'll be hearing some cracking CA.
So today a kit arrived that had been holding me up adding all the detail parts to the side of one of the sponsons.Thanks to a member over at RI for the ID,this had been another one of them unknowns.It's been a pretty good year so far for the unkowns,not to mention the picture OTIST shared for us all to see.
So with that turret i was able to 99% finish that sponson,all thats left is a hatch for the Sheridan turret on the underside.:)

View attachment 14128 View attachment 14129 View attachment 14130 View attachment 14131

View attachment 14132 View attachment 14133 View attachment 14134

View attachment 14135 View attachment 14136 View attachment 14137

Phil, that is outstanding man!:eek

Looking forward to seeing it again in person. BTW, I'm booking in my Movers for YOU to rebuild!

Mike, Oz

^
Hey thanks there Mike.
I'm very happy to have that lil turret at last,thats for sure.I think it all turned out pretty damn good now that it's done.
Did ya see i didn't even clean the area's where it joined the sprue on the lil Yamato part's there.Just like the original aye!!:lol

I think you'll do just fine there with your CM yourself,but if ya really need a hand i'd have a play with it.Hell this one has been a real good build so far,and a real lot of fun.:cool

Well small update,i really haven't got much i can add to the build right now so have been attempting some weathering on the command module.
Been trying my best to sort of replicate the original but me weathering really just isn't that good as you can see.
It sure looks dirty to the eye but that's how it appears to me in the pictures i'm using for reference,perhaps i've overdone it a little though looking at it.:confused
I did find two more small part's and added em.One i had never noticed before untill studying the pictures for the weathering and looking for that in the kit's lead to the other discovery.
Just two more part's left and this section is complete.
If i find em i'll add em later but i just wanted to be doing something while i await some more bit's.

Not sure i'll be keeping that decal,it's not quite right to how it should be but it'll depend if i can find one more correct if it'll be staying or not.

So here we go,primer,paint and a heap of average weathering!!:unsure

View attachment 14366 View attachment 14367

View attachment 14368

View attachment 14369 View attachment 14370 View attachment 14371 View attachment 14372 View attachment 14373

Well a tiny update but it's more a thank you ta Treadwell for a couple of part's he assisted me with.One is the rim between the Leopold barrels and Arado nose part.
Been chasing this for awhile and it was really good of Jay,ta offer the part.Thanks mate!!:cool

Also got a new van built up and magnet fitted and thats just had some primer splashed on it,so it'll be back ta how it was pretty soon.Unless i do something stupid again??:unsure

attachment.php

How did you ever get that reference of the part without the Arado nose on it?

Well mate,i've had help from a lot of different people with this build and the refernce pictures i have are just one part of that help.
From what i've been told the CM has had a few part's broken off and lost over the year's.The Arado part and also pretty much all of the antenna part's on the back of them barrels is just some of them.The original Arado part was later found although it was in multiple pieces but still was restored very well and is back on the original CM now.
Also the whole rear end was lost and what is seen mostly is a remade version which with some new reference that has come ta light just recently shows that it is a little different compared to how it originally was.Thankfully i started ta build mine up after that original CM picture showed up.

So ta get back ta your question,a lot of the picture i have are of the CM with the missing part's and the remade rear end.I have very little showing it all together from her filming day's unfortunately.

Heres a link to what is the best picture i think i've seen of it,third post in,OTIST really blew us all away with this one.
It's a big file but well worth it!!

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=6629

Gee,it's been some time since i posted my little bit of progress here.
Not much has been happening of late,couple of busy weekends in there seen lil to nothing done over that time.Anyway,that last container is re done including the weathering and decals.Had to cut each letter out and apply separately to get the spacing more correct.You can see some of the film at some angles but it's mostly good and i think that they sat down over them ribbed section very well.
Also painted the armature side of things and weathered it all up a little.Not the greatest bit of work there but you guy's should be use to that by now.:rolleyes
So all thats left there is two ladders for that centre module and they are on there way thanks to a member over at RI.Then theres the gun sights that go on each end of the tubing to finish it up.

Now i'm down to a few unknowns and i'm stuffed what i'm gonna do there,especially what is used for the assembly of that antenna area on the Leo barrels.The common ones are OK but it's all the other cr#p thats in there that i can't make out thats the problem.:confused

Phil

View attachment 14893 View attachment 14894 View attachment 14895 View attachment 14896 View attachment 14897 View attachment 14898

Well gang,this is not really an update but more a request again.:rolleyes

I've now got everything covered for the build bar a few bit's.Unfortunately these part's are unknowns and i don't have a real lot of reference to what the original part's used were.
I've been given permission from Chris Pappas to show some cropped images from the DVD he has available of the original Battlestar model and it may possibly still comes with the extras that included the images of the CM.

So heres the part's i have in question.Not the best shot's to work with but these are all i have of the original part's that were used.
Got me stumped but perhaps someone here can recognize what they might be?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The other area i've got troubles with is the antenna area.The only part's i can see are the ones i've marked out and again there isn't much around showing this area how it originally was.There is a couple of more images over at the RI in the CM thread there but as you all know,it's best to have permission before posting stuff.I guess i've learnt a little about all that since attempting this build?:confused

attachment.php

So,anyone wanna take a stab at what these bit's might be and what else might be involved with that antenna area?

Thanks again to Chris for letting me post this stuff,the DVD was worth just the money for the extras in my case!!:cool

Phil

Well,the second to last update,the next one it'll be finished.
Well to a point i can call it finished anyway.
OK,the rear end is all done bar adding the Harrier part which i have thanks to another generous member again.The centre module is finished with the last ladders added,again thanks to that same member for them.
The front end is also pretty much finished bar a little more work on the sensor thingie there.The M8 part i have,again another donated part and i just need to add a bit more there also.
The last part's though i'm still hurting for,they'd be the gun sights and ya only get one per kit and thats a lot of kit's and expense for just those part's.It'll be the one thing left off till i can get the one i have casted up successfully.

This thing should be could the Donor Movers perhaps?
But thanks again to all that have helped out with part's and castings,it's been much appreciated.

Anyway,heres the pic's..

View attachment 15578 View attachment 15579 View attachment 15580 View attachment 15581 View attachment 15582 View attachment 15583

Well it's been a long time coming but as of last night the Movers is finally finished.

Been waiting to get the gun sight's,and thanks to Mike S.,i finally have them and am calling this one finished.

Thank's to everyone for there assistance in whatever form it has been,kit part's,casting's or just there knowledge and support.

I'm pretty happy how it turned out,it's been a first and already i'm looking ahead to what i wanna do next up.That'll be a longish build but something i'm ready to tackle.

Cheers again guy's

Phil

attachment.php

View attachment 17000 View attachment 17001 View attachment 17002 View attachment 17003 View attachment 17004 View attachment 17005 View attachment 17006

No joke Phil, that is frackin' outstanding mate! Way better than you expected, eh? Personally, I think it's THE finest Movers replica ever built and certainly the most accurate. You're right up there with the top studio scale builders now!

I'll be dropping in to see this baby soon!

Congrats, Mike

Gee,thanks again gang!

Mike,anytime mate,you was a big part with me attempting this build.It was your build that kicked this all off.

Jay,Drool my friend,but drool over those part's you,was more than kind to send me to help complete her!

Lee,i think it was time you was posting already,let's see where you are at with it?

Jase,thank you my Aussie friend!It's been great getting to know you and i look forward to us working on those build's together!

Gene,I'm LOL at that.Wow,thank you dude,i really appreciate those words!

Al,thanks again mate!I guess it's OK to be just a LITTLE fan there,not everyone has to be a big fan bud! lol

Once again,thanks everyone,it's been mostly fun!

Phil

Last edited:
Phil, you have an amazing build there!

Here's where mine has been for sometime now (4+ years):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/sets/72157612402987125/

I've not touched it for several years as work has moved me around, but I'm ready to get it finished and painted now. It's one of the first accurate versions started in about 2000 after I saw Jim Crevelings. I thought "I've always liked that ship, that looks easy to build". As I started to look closer I realized it was off in many ways and spent more hours than I know looking for parts. Jim, Mark D, Charles Adams, Gene K and others helped along the way.
It's great to see so many others have been build now and a few of the remaining parts ID'd. I just ordered a 312T :) and there's a couple of spots I need to PM you about!

L

Gee,thanks again gang!

Mike,anytime mate,you was a big part with me attempting this build.It was your build that kicked this all off.

Jay,Drool my friend,but drool over those part's you,was more than kind to send me to help complete her!

Lee,i think it was time you was posting already,let's see where you are at with it?

Jase,thank you my Aussie friend!It's been great getting to know you and i look forward to us working on those build's together!

Gene,I'm LOL at that.Wow,thank you dude,i really appreciate those words!

Al,thanks again mate!I guess it's OK to be just a LITTLE fan there,not everyone has to be a big fan bud! lol

Once again,thanks everyone,it's been mostly fun!

Phil

Thanks again Lee!

That brings back some memories seeing yours like that there.It's looking pretty good mate and you are well on your way to completing it from what i can see.If i can help in any way i'll be more than happy to do so,without the help i was given i'd never have been able to do the build in he first place.
I think i can still remember what i used for most of the build so anything you have questions about just shoot away.

Phil

Phil, you have an amazing build there!

Here's where mine has been for sometime now (4+ years):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/sets/72157612402987125/

I've not touched it for several years as work has moved me around, but I'm ready to get it finished and painted now. It's one of the first accurate versions started in about 2000 after I saw Jim Crevelings. I thought "I've always liked that ship, that looks easy to build". As I started to look closer I realized it was off in many ways and spent more hours than I know looking for parts. Jim, Mark D, Charles Adams, Gene K and others helped along the way.
It's great to see so many others have been build now and a few of the remaining parts ID'd. I just ordered a 312T :) and there's a couple of spots I need to PM you about!

L

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back