Pink foam for carving?

Where does everyone buy there pink insulation foam from? I checked Lowes but all they had was a blue and I was surprised how expensive it was for a 4'x8' sheet. I want to carve something big and was thinking of stack glueing the foam to make the thickness that I wanted.

Where does everyone buy there pink insulation foam from? I checked Lowes but all they had was a blue and I was surprised how expensive it was for a 4'x8' sheet. I want to carve something big and was thinking of stack glueing the foam to make the thickness that I wanted.

pink or blue its all the same, what are you going to do with iit, after time its starts to move around. and if you want to pull molds from it, its alot of work,

You need to call around to local insulation supply houses. The pink gritty stuff is low density foam (2 lb density, I think) and comes in a block as thick as the user needs by 4'x8' and may indeed not be cheap. It makes an unholy mess when carved. Ask around and perhaps you might get a remnant chunk at one of these custom suppliers.

RGP

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back