The Professional - Leon's Compensator for Beretta 92F

Hirohawa

Sr Member
Just watched The Professional again. Really digging the look of that compensator on the tip of his Beretta.

Where can one of these be purchased? Are there any replicas of it?

Thanks

Well, I looked at the Propstore of London pics, and the compensator says, "ALGIMEC BY LA.RI.A"; I spent the last half hour googling Algimec and the only thing I came up were a lot of legislative type sites and such regarding compensated firearms...

Best bet IMHO, is to PM Wakal or Noeland here; there are alot of gun guys on the board, but those two stand out the most to me...

I am involved with a guy from the beretta forum who has been making the (long out of prod now) SGS styled compensators for use on real beretta 92F and 92FS model pistols. While many movie web sites show Leon's compensator as the ALGIMEC version, I have seen both the SGS and ALGIMEC in the movie. He (Leon) has so many different ones he uses it's hard to keep track. I still contend that the most popular one and most available one at the time was the SGS model.

BTW: It;s the same compensator used by Selene and Michael in Underworld Evolution. Hers were modified to full auto however.

Here are pics of some of my pistols with the compensator:

*(please do not use these photos publicly without permission, thanks)

vidgun284.jpg

vidgun285.jpg

4ric_comp1960.jpg

b1_sgs_rg_885.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jedifyfe, and they are all metal except for the grips. They are actual firearms. I just went from modifying static props to the real thing. I'm sort of a hobby gunsmith without a formal gunsmith education, but over 30 years experience.. It's only for my own use, and something I really enjoy.. Except for the $$..

I love modified guns! Movie based or not...

a2_rgsgscompmh.jpg

inoxsgs032.jpg

2comps1775-1.jpg

8sgsrng026.jpg

a1_sgs_rg_912.jpg

The Beretta is probably one of the most popular sidearms. Another movie where Beretta's popped up with large compensators was Equilibrium although other parts of the gun we're also modified.

There was also a crapload of randomly modified guns in Hitman, including the one scene where they all face off and it's just an array of akimbo beretta's and 1911's with compensators and silencers. I think they just stick them on there for the cool factor, but movies like The Professional might actaully take into consideration the advantages using a Compensator would afford.

I've loved the Beretta ever since Lethal Weapon...

A former law enforcement buddy of mine had one as his on-duty weapon - we took it to the range a couple times and even though I'm not a gun person all that much, if I ever owned one, that'd be it...

I have a Taurus PT-101 .40cal and would like a SGS style compensator for it. Do you know where I can get one? Or do you make them?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back