Removing a Logo from a bag?

NoTsOsErIoUs

I need to remove some logos from a nylon bag
Anyone have any ideas?

002-3.jpg

The paint remover method sounds interesting. Do you know if it's safe to use on Nylon or is there the chance it will melt the fibres?

Thanks for your help by the way.

The paint remover method sounds interesting. Do you know if it's safe to use on Nylon or is there the chance it will melt the fibres?

Thanks for your help by the way.

No problem.
Nylon is pretty resilient (used for cooking utensils) and doesn't melt that easily. Unless you're planning on putting it your oven:)

Seriously though, I would do a small test first before smearing the paint remover all over the bag. I use the Duplicolor remover here in case you were wondering which brand to go with.

It depends on what ink was used, how it was cured, and type of nylon. When I worked at the shop, we had a gun that shot sort of a dry cleaning adhesive solvent thru it to clean up small mistakes. I did use it on some large area stuff, but can't recall if I ever did a nylon bag. Probably depends a lot if it's a coarse weave or smooth as well. Screen printing on stuff is kind of a cross between alchemy and a shell game.
You might look for a local screeen printer and ask if they have a spot-cleaning gun and what they would charge to shoot the image out. At best it will peel off with no problems, at worst it will do nothing, with a possiblity of washing out some of the nylon color, or leaving a ghost image.

Thanks for all the tips and info guys.

oblagon, the paint remover worked a treat. Hardly any trace of the logos' left. You really have to look hard to see a faint outline but I think that was due to heat being used to apply the logo in the first place.

Thanks for all the tips and info guys.

oblagon, the paint remover worked a treat. Hardly any trace of the logos' left. You really have to look hard to see a faint outline but I think that was due to heat being used to apply the logo in the first place.

Great, glad to hear:)
The outline wouldn't be from heat, most likely it's a slight indentation where the screen came down to pad print the graphic.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back