Need help finding X-Men Cyclops Pic...

Rusty85

Sr Member
As I'm sure most of you here do the same, I keep an archive of movie prop images and related pics in a certain file on my laptop.

Now, back around the time the first X-Men came out there was a site that posted two pics of James Marsden doing some test fittings of the Ruby Quartz Oakley's along with the visor. The pics shouldn't be hard to identify because his hair is longer than when he actually did the movie. I'm pretty sure it was darkhorizons. I found the one of the test fitting of the visor, but not the sunglasses. Does anyone have that pic they can post for me? In fact, any images of the prop glasses would be great!

Here ya go, and a couple extra one's of the prototype visor itself, I love how it has rivets in it, I was thinking of putting them in the piece I own but dont wanna screw it up.....Its now also my new avatar lol

cyclopsvisor.jpg

23931-450x-c_2.jpg

23932-450x-c_3.jpg

cyclopsvisor_2.jpg

Last edited:
That's the one, thanks very much!

I often wonder if the lenses on the Cyclops visor replica have the same type of red lense as these. In the pics it doesn't look mirrored, but more like a piece of red plastic.

Here's a photo of the I took at Fox Studios Baja, I have a couple more of the X-Jet interior and a hallway set to. If anybody's interested I'll post them to.
Cruse096.jpg

(If these are to big let me know I can resize them.)
XJet
Cruse102.jpg

Hallway set
Cruise71.jpg

XJet
Cruse103.jpg

Elevator set with my best Wolverine pose.
Cruse100.jpg

Oh and an espresso machine I found. ;-)
Cruse092.jpg

Enjoy..

Wait, they put the Juliet in the case for "The Last Stand?" He used the Penny in that movie. I'm starting to lose hope of ever finding a pair as it seems more and more as if they were all lost.
I know the location of only one pair, and I can guarantee the owners will not give it up.

Wait, they put the Juliet in the case for "The Last Stand?" He used the Penny in that movie. I'm starting to lose hope of ever finding a pair as it seems more and more as if they were all lost.
I know the location of only one pair, and I can guarantee the owners will not give it up.

Are you talking about the glasses? The people running the tour didn't know a lot, there were several unlabeled props that they couldn't identify. I wouldn't be surprised if they just lumped together similar props into one display case.

I assume you're looking for a pair of screen-used glasses? The only ones I've ever seen are the ones that were sold on the Prop Store of London, and over on the Oakley-Review forums there was talk of those not even being screen-used, but just ones used for promotional purposes.

A while back I figured out a way to create the lenses as in the movie, all red, no orange or yellow, or blue edges, lol.

I assume you're looking for a pair of screen-used glasses? The only ones I've ever seen are the ones that were sold on the Prop Store of London, and over on the Oakley-Review forums there was talk of those not even being screen-used, but just ones used for promotional purposes.

A while back I figured out a way to create the lenses as in the movie, all red, no orange or yellow, or blue edges, lol.

How interesting...I'm familiar with the Review but never saw any talk of the Prop Store's glasses. I'm gonna have to conduct a more thorough search. Can you remember any of the arguments behind them not being on-screen?

I've contacted the Prop Store on multiple occasions asking for assistance in finding the screen used pair from X2/X3. Never even got so much as a response.

What do you guys think of that screenused.com site?

Hmmm, never used the screenused site before, browsed to find the glasses but didn't turn up anything.

I know a guy on the o-review wanted the glasses so much he offered $10,000 for the screenused pair of Juliets from the first movie, and the owner still wouldn't sell them. I think that they sold for a little more than 3,000 originally...

I talked with the guy that made the glasses for the movies. I sent so many letters requesting to buy a pair with side-blinders and the prop lenses that the guy that made them called me. He tried to get me a pair of the glasses from X-3, but by that time they had been auctioned off for some charity or something. He did end up making a custom one of a kind pair for me however.

Last edited:
Wow...that was pretty freaking cool. I've meet a lot of the employees at Oakley recently and they seem like a truly stand-up bunch. One of those guys I met was the very one who created those glasses, along with a bunch of other items like the Predator mask and Snake Eyes visor. He was really nice and answered each question I had about them. Couldn't score a pair for myself, though. =)

You still have that pair?

Well, I actually paid the guy $600.00 for the custom X-Men version of the glasses. He would call and frequently update me on their progress and such. But the day they arrived was painful beyond belief. They were Penny's, that looked like they were made from plastic. They weren't even the right color like the films, but rather a copper color. The lenses also were wayyy off. They were cut slopily, they were loose inside the frames and would rattle around. They were also a rose color, although they had the right coatings on them. I was pretty upset about it and called him back, but never got a call back. After that, I found a guy on the o-review that was interested reguardless and sold them. He probably still has them.

They DID have the sideblinders, which was cool, but not cool enough to save the rest of the sloppily made glasses.

These were taken at Fox Studios Baja (the Titanic one) This was several years ago I heard it was all to be removed to make room for the 2nd Narnia movie.

No, no wait it's a snow cone maker, brilliant.
Awesome display, those seats on the blackbird/X-jet would
be perfect for my office. :cool

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back