Efx tie fighter ?

GF

Sr Member
What are the chances of EFX making a Hero Tie? what better then to compliment their X-wing.

GFollano

Last edited:
Re: Efx tie fighter !

I don't know but your title got me excited and now I'm disappointed. Thought it was an announcement.

I'd venture to say it will be their next studio scale as it's not a very complicated model and would be fairly cheap to produce.

Re: Efx tie fighter !

Model part wise - not so hard. Paint scheme - easier for mass production than an X-wing, I would imagine.

It all depends on how you want to depict the solar panels. Koolshade (the material used on the 'real' ones) is a very difficult material to A) obtain, or B) simulate (with any degree of accuracy).

Gene

Sorry if I got a few excited,

It is definetely a perfect model for massproduction, a repaint would be easy in case they screw it up which I doubt.

GFollano

Apart from the Koolshade question this would be a no-brainer - if the economy
hadn't tanked. So I would guess it will be a couple of years.

Hm, i don't think this company is making any profit. With only 2 actual products on the market (Clone Helmet and X-Wing) you can't make business. They exist since august 08 (minimum). Have sold about 500 Stormtrooper Helmets. "Some" E2 Clone Helmets. And this 838 X-Wings where the plaques were lost (that must have hurt the budget). In that time all fixcosts had to be paid, such as employees and stuff, not to forget their chinese factory. I really can't imagine that eFX is making profit (while i still wish them to make), unless they change their politics a bit.

Why not producing some small stuff first? Like for example Stormtrooper handcuffs, Droid Caller, TIE Bomber or Biker Scout Blaster? Making some money with moderate priced things that everybody wants (who don't want a Droid Caller?).

Giving away the FX license to Hasbro was the biggest mistake, i think that was MRs daily bread while the props where nice "additions".

So rumoring about a Slave 1 or even a Star Destroyer does NOT make any sense for eFX imo. A TIE would be cheaper to produce and to sell. Also everybody wants one (maybe even more than the X).
Just talking about a Slave 1 is ridiculous in my eyes. What should that beast cost? 3500? Look at that dimensions... There would be a minority to buy this but it would never ever make profit. Even the Falcon ended on clearance and it IS the Falcon...

As mentioned above i really wish them all the best and hope for a long existance but as long as they act like this i really see no future for them.

A Darth Vader´s attack wing in studio scale with one tie-fighter would look odd.
Therefore, as soon as efx offers a tie-fighter, I will definitively buy two !
That will be awsome and I am really looking forward to that come true.

I think the TIE Fighter would be the next logical SS model for EFX to do. And the paint job would be fairly straight forward for a factory to replicate.

A Darth Vader´s attack wing in studio scale with one tie-fighter would look odd.
Therefore, as soon as efx offers a tie-fighter, I will definitively buy two !
That will be awsome and I am really looking forward to that come true.

I'd have to buy two as well.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back