TIE Fighter part ID help !

Hey guys,

Any idea about this part ?

TIEunknown2.jpg

Thanks for your help !

After the cockpit ball (it can be seen here : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=76802), I would like to build the wingstar, unfortunatly I have had no luck so far with those parts (I know that's a lot of parts, but Im not really familiar with ANH stuff !) :

TIEunknown3.jpg

Here's the original pic and some other views :

TIEunknown4.jpg

TIEunknown5.jpg

And here a pic of part #9 :

TIEunknown6.jpg

Thanks you in advance for your help !

Awesome bro, thanks !!

I forget to color one part, the other radiator on the left, close to the jack, any chance it comes from the Yardley too ?

Yes bro, both Yardley :lol Ill get to the kits this weekend and trim it all off.
Ill get a better look at the star too now, see if i can bag anything else.

lee

Ok I think I'm on something... part #10 looks really like the lights of a M2 Bradley. Ive checked the Tamiya but it doesnt look right (maybe that's a vintage issue ?).

Am I on the right track ?

Part 14 looks to be F1 too bro, i can see a baffle weld, and a manifold coupler maybe? Ill get back to the Yardley for a bit, ive a feeling this kit may hold a lil' bit more.....may even bag a Lotus 49 now TBH.

lee

Bro, part 14, is from the Yardley C11. Its cut from the crankcase buddy, but i think this part would be loaned from any Ford DFV.

Part 5 and 15, also cut from the same C11 Ford crankcase.

Part 6 looks to be the opposing Yardley radiator, its got mounting "pips" in the grille area that look airbubbled in the ILM casting.

Part 10 is D4 also from a Ford DFV.

Hope that gets us along a bit more on the stars buddy, ill package these bits up with the already found bits, and get them in the mail.

bests......lee

Thanks bro, Im sorry my pic isn't clear enough, actually the numbers are for the parts colored in blue and the numbers are not on the parts we're looking for :s Gonna redo another better part map !

Oh thats just great, and to think i was "having my way with her" LOL.

No worries bro, luckily they were quick and easy ones lol.

lee

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back