Three Strikes and you're OUT!!

Re: Three Strikes and your OUT!!

Good God man. You have had some terrible luck with customs. It sounds like there must be one sadistic jerkwad working in whatever office your merch is flowing through. He probably gleefully destroys property all day long.

Re: Three Strikes and your OUT!!

Are your items coming from overseas? Are the descriptions of the contents and the item very detailed so that US Customs does not have to open them?

As far as the claims it will take along time because you are dealing with Uncle Sam. Customs is responsible for the damage and not the carrier or the vendor. Be sure to obtain pictures from the vendors as to what the item looks like prior to the damage so that you can also take pictures of the damaged items. Add that to your claim.

Wow! :(

Ive heard some horror stories about packages being mangled... This one takes the cake!

Sorry this happened to you Bro.

Kevin

Tell me about it.

By the way, does anyone else agree with jts that I'm wrong about the douche thing and that I shouldn't make the seller take a hit? I'm just looking for the consensus before I file a PayPal dispute.

-Kyle

The seller fulfilled their part of the agreement. Why should they take the financial hit? Customs is a necessary risk we all take, and customs are the ones that need to be held responsible.

The only rationale I can see for filing a paypal claim against the seller is to gain some leverage for them to become motivated to file a claim with their carrier and whatnot. If they are the only ones that can get the ball rolling, then this may be a valid reason.

Since they're being jerks and refusing to work with you further, then I'd say go for it. If it were someone that was trying to work with you and recover the damages, then I'd say no.

Last edited:
That is definitely my rationale. I already have the item. I don't need the money back, at least not from the seller. He fulfilled his end UNTIL he was rude and it became "not his concern and Thanks for fast Payments." That made me feel like I was conned.

My hope is that he wont want to lose his money and he'll file the necessary paper work.

-Kyle

I agree the seller should help with your claim. But filing a claim for something he is not responsible for? Two douches don't make a right.

By the way, does anyone else agree with jts that I'm wrong about the douche thing and that I shouldn't make the seller take a hit? I'm just looking for the consensus before I file a PayPal dispute.

-Kyle

Well, I have an opinion... But since you got out of sorts and more or less of bit JTS' head off in response to his even-keeled post, I'll reserve my comments.

Though I would be interested in seeing what you consider rude.

Remember - its business. No one's out to get cozy, be lovey-dovey, and become girlfriends. Forget his tone, and focus (pragmatically) only on if he's wrong or right. That's all that matters.

We ALL can get out of sorts now and then, can't we? And rudeness remains in the eye of the beholder...

Ummm - excuse me? When did I say I want him to take a "hit" for it? Were you a part of the emails that were sent? Last time I checked, No you weren't.

I asked the seller if the could please file a damage complaint with the Hong Kong post. He responded that this matter is no longer of concern to him and that he was not willing to deal with it any longer. He added Thank You for fast Payments!

So the next time you open a jar to take a wiff, read the label first.

-Kyle

Last edited:
Filing these claims is an absolute pain it's not just the form filling it's the chasing up of it all, they put so much red tape in the way the seller probably just can't be bothered.
It's not a nice way to treat people i agree but then neither would filing a claim against him.
As you said he packaged the item well he posted it all off he did his part, it's the system that's all wrong it should be the person who receives the parcel that has to post the claim with the carrier or customs not the sender.
I bet the postal carriers and customs get away with millions in claims every year because people cant be bothered with all the hassle of filing a claim.

OK,

Here is the email I received and the one I sent for anyone who was curious.

k.s. cheung
to me

show details 3:16 PM (8 hours ago)

hi there

just to let you know the item is not of concerned with me any longer. i am telling on to you that i can not longer problem myself with your problem. i am not friend to custom. you have item now. you cheerful. this error is for fixing on you. thank you for fast payments.

cheung

--- On Thu, 26/3/09, Kyle Morgan <***************> wrote:

Subject: Sonny NS-5
To: "k.s. cheung" <****************>
Date: Thursday, 26 March, 2009, 3:10 PM

Hello,

I received the 1:1 Sonny NS-5 head today however, Customs was not as gentle as they could have been. They managed to drill a hole into his head. I contacted them and my local Post Office and they told me that you would be the only one who could start a claim as you are the sender and you paid for their services.

Could you please make a claim with the Hong Kong post so they can contact Customs and I can get this straightened out?

Thanks,
-Kyle

If the seller did send an e-mail authorizing him to act as an agent, could he file a complaint, or would customs not allow that?

Seems to me the seller's English is limited and he might have miss-interpreted your e-mail as YOU blaming HIM for custom's actions.

I know your e-mail is clear, but, again, he might have misunderstood, since it is very clear his English is limited. Try again, but be clear that this isn't his fault, and you are not blaming him. You only need his help. If he still refuses to move a finger, then he is a douche, and you should go ahead and file a complaint with paypal, for paypal encourages the parties involved to work things out, and he is clearly refusing to do so..

I would email him again and sweetly re ask in very simple terms. I think his english is quite limited and there may just be a misunderstanding.

Filing these claims is an absolute pain it's not just the form filling it's the chasing up of it all, they put so much red tape in the way the seller probably just can't be bothered.
It's not a nice way to treat people i agree but then neither would filing a claim against him.
As you said he packaged the item well he posted it all off he did his part, it's the system that's all wrong it should be the person who receives the parcel that has to post the claim with the carrier or customs not the sender.
I bet the postal carriers and customs get away with millions in claims every year because people cant be bothered with all the hassle of filing a claim.

Why is it such a hassle. I know for a fact if this stuff happened to anyone else they would want to be treated the same why I expect to be treated. What happened to customer service?

If something like this happened to someone I sold something to, you better believe I would be filling out whatever I had to to make sure his wrong was righted.

I agree that the sender most definitely SHOULD have the right to file a claim, but the system disagrees. I would be more than happy to start and finish the claim process all on my own. Not gonna hap'n Cap'n.

And to clarify - I said I was going to file a dispute. I never said that if he didn't help me after that I would escalate it to a claim. It's the interpreting and assuming that really kills me sometime. Everyone thinks that everyone else is always out to F the next guy. I've only been here 2 months and have had quite a few transactions, all of them positive. For people that don't know someone to judge their character is a little screwed, and speaks volumes about their own character to begin with - but such is life.

I run a "mom and pop" business and I would never treat someone this way.

If I agreed with the people who are against me on this, I would be out of business in 2 seconds flat. For example - I put an exhaust and a custom bodykit on someone's car. The same day, they go to have their car emissions tested or any number of possible places, and the technician working on the car snaps something off the exhaust and that then cracks the bodykit. The person comes back to me and says, "Hey, I took my car to so and so's and they snapped this and cracked the kit. The only way they'll pay to fix it is if I get a statement from you saying that it wasn't like this before I brought it to them."

Based on the mentality that "he did his part" - I should tell my customer to go screw? That would make me - A DOUCHE.

-Kyle

Seems to me the seller's English is limited and he might have miss-interpreted your e-mail as YOU blaming HIM for custom's actions.

I know your e-mail is clear, but, again, he might have misunderstood, since it is very clear his English is limited. Try again, but be clear that this isn't his fault, and you are not blaming him. You only need his help. If he still refuses to move a finger, then he is a douche, and you should go ahead and file a complaint with paypal, for paypal encourages the parties involved to work things out, and he is clearly refusing to do so..

I would email him again and sweetly re ask in very simple terms. I think his english is quite limited and there may just be a misunderstanding.

I definitely intend to do so. It is in fact the entire reason I've been holding off on the dispute and the reason I asked other peoples opinions. As mad as I may get I always wait until I've settled before making decisions. I'm just waiting to clear my head a bit more. I'm still pretty pissed about the whole situation and I need to be calm and clear headed when I write the next one.

-Kyle

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back