Three Strikes and you're OUT!!

GQ Customs

Today, I received my third package in 2 weeks that had to go through Customs.

The first package was my Turbo Man figure. Customs cut it open, removed it from the 4 Layers of bubble wrap (only replacing 1 :confused), and (I'm assuming here) broke the figures arms off. If they didn't do it they definitely allowed it to happen by not replacing all of the bubble wrap. Customs also wrote on the package.

The second package was an I, Robot badge that Marc (LeMarchand) was nice enough to ship out to me WAY after he did his run. Marc placed it between two pieces of cardboard, and inside a letter size envelope. Customs cut this thing open so hard that the razor managed to got through the cardboard and cut a nice deep gouge in my badge. It gets worse though. They then folded the envelope in half (not replacing the cardboard) and taped the Badge and the Decal to the OUTSIDE of the package!!:eek Then they wrapped tape (like a 6 month old baby) around the package to "hold" it all together.

The third package was my long awaited 1:1 Sonny NS-5 Bust. The only thing I could say for the first half hour after opening it was, "Why the F@CK do customs agents need a drill to open a F@CKING cardboard box?" That's right! They drilled through the Top AND Side of the box. Why? I don't Know, but I do know that they drilled a nice hole right in the top of his head:angry. Mother@#$%ers. It's fine other than that.

So I have officially had it with customs and now it's complaint time. I'll post pictures in a little while.

-Kyle

Last edited:
Re: Three Strikes and your OUT!!

Wow, just wow. Are they testing for drugs or something?

TurboMan - maybe he's stuffed with coke. Let's break his arms off and see.
Bust - hmm, the X-ray shows a sculpture. Let's not bother opening it - drill into the center and sample for heroin.

That's about the only thing I can think of.
Wow. Definitely file complaints.

I'd put in a major claim for damages. Around the same amount to commission the original artists to create replacements.

I've had some run-ins with them too, from scratching up a mint MR Maul saber and trashing the sleeve and out box, to taking months to finally ship a blaster (after charging me extra to get it!) only to have it arrive having clearly been played with and then damaged.

But NOTHING as bad as yours!

I'd have at them!

Ok so I just got off the phone with Customs. They told me, and I quote,"(in a nasally, stick up her a$$ tone) I'm sorry sir, we don't deal with civilians. You will have to contact which ever service delivered your package. They can make a claim. Thank you." CLICK.

Now I'm heated. So I call the Good Ole USPS. Apparently I have to let the seller make a claim in their country. Wait. Wait some more. Wait again. Then, when informed to do so, I have to bring my items to the local USPS office have them verify there is actual damage and then, you guessed it. WAIT.

Then, in 60 to 120 days I should have the results of my query. Thank You and have a nice F'ing day.

-Kyle

Customs did it, not the carrier. That's a lying cop out.

Did you get her name at Customs? At USPS?

Both are government bodies. This is where you get mean and you send letters of complaint to Customs explaining how they are trying to blame this on the USPS, cc the USPS, AND cc your local Congressmen and the biggest local newspaper.

And keep all correspondence, names, etc. The only way to get your point across.

AND the seller that I bought the Sonny from - has just informed me that he will not be putting in a claim on my behalf. So it's PayPal disputes away for me...Oh, and don't forget Negative Feedback.

-Kyle

I will fondly remember when I used to tade with
a fellow up in CANADA years ago...

His " description " of CANADIAN CUSTOMS OFFICIALS ?

" Remember that joke about a million monkeys at
a million typewriters couldn't produce Hamlet ?
Well, on their days off they moonlight as Customs Officials ! "

:rolleyes

Maybe customs don't like you using their name on forums :unsure
Why is it you can't file criminal damage charges against these people ? because that's what it is :angry

To add a little bit more -

The person I got the Turbo Man from rectified the situation when I contacted him a while back by sending me out a Signed Copy of the Jingle All The Way DVD (with CoA)

Marc is (very graciously I might add) sending me out another badge, hopefully wrapped in unobtanium this time.

And the seller of Sonny - is a douche.

And the seller of Sonny - is a douche.

Why? Because he won't take the hit for the damage that customs did? He did his part, in producing, selling, and packing and shipping it. I understand you're upset, but getting upset at the seller because he won't take a hit because of someone else's screwup is just asinine.

customs is untouchable,, they can do whatever they want to your property and thats it. If they tear the seats out of your car..thats your problem. Its a wonderful system.

Ummm - excuse me? When did I say I want him to take a "hit" for it? Were you a part of the emails that were sent? Last time I checked, No you weren't.

I asked the seller if the could please file a damage complaint with the Hong Kong post. He responded that this matter is no longer of concern to him and that he was not willing to deal with it any longer. He added Thank You for fast Payments!

So the next time you open a jar to take a wiff, read the label first.

-Kyle

You might try contacting your local Congressman's office. Sometimes they're able to produce results where other avenues have failed. Allow them the opportunity to surprise you.

Dude I don't need to hear this...I just shipped out my Time Circuits for my bttf conversion to france...that stuff must look like a friggen bomb!
And then after they get worked on they're getting shipped back to me...through customs...over $1500. into on prop...god help us all.
mike

Ummm - excuse me? When did I say I want him to take a "hit" for it? Were you a part of the emails that were sent? Last time I checked, No you weren't.

I asked the seller if the could please file a damage complaint with the Hong Kong post. He responded that this matter is no longer of concern to him and that he was not willing to deal with it any longer. He added Thank You for fast Payments!

So the next time you open a jar to take a wiff, read the label first.

-Kyle

Yup...he's a douche.
I've been fortunate not to have this happen to me via customs but it is extremely rare that I ever order anything international just for that reason.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back