Three Strikes and you're OUT!!

Unbelievable. :angry
That is just plain deliberate destruction of property. There is no reason to destroy packages like that just see what is inside. :angry

Frak! That's just messed up! Like I said, I would right to the customs office involved (should be in the paperwork or on the packages) and cc the letter to your local Congressmen and the biggest couple newspapers. Just to get their attention. Go into GREAT detail about how they are pointing fingers, saying that USPS should take care of it, etc. And definitely mention the attitude that was copped to you.

I'll bet your name and address are on some 'watch list' probably due to a package that customs got at one time and thought the contents were questionable in their eyes.

I would try next time you purchase something through the RPF to have it shipped to a friend or family member in their name (not yours) to their address and see if it's Customs doing it to everyone or just 'you'.

Last edited:
I would try next time you purchase something through the RPF to have it shipped to a friend or family member in their name (not yours) to their address and see if it's Customs doing it to everyone or just 'you'.

I've had all my packages shipped to my girlfriends house, with her name on the package. 1 item came through customs via LAX, and the other 2 via some NY office(s).

The thing that really bothers me the most, in any plant, shipping facility, machine shop, pretty much anywhere, an inspector or foreman has to initial that they have checked said item and its cool. Why does customs not have to do this? You would think they would because what if Jimmy and Johnny are checking packages and Johnny accidentally lets 10 lbs. of heroin through and it gets caught at a later stop (say USPS), who looses their job? Jimmy or Johnny?

Another thing - why, even though the packages clearly go through customs, does the UK not require customs slips on the package itself. I have never, EVER, received a package from the UK that had one and I have done a lot of back and forth with the UK and I always need to fill one out.

-Kyle

Wow man, thats just horrible. I've received many packages from overseas, and customs has never once even opened them. And since you're only a couple towns away from here, I would imagine they'd go through the same people. Have you tried making a complaint with Blumenthal's office? http://www.ct.gov/ag/site/default.asp
Maybe e-mail them with the pics attached. I don't know if he has any clout with customs, but it couldn't hurt.
Jon

Wow man, thats just horrible. I've received many packages from overseas, and customs has never once even opened them. And since you're only a couple towns away from here, I would imagine they'd go through the same people. Have you tried making a complaint with Blumenthal's office? http://www.ct.gov/ag/site/default.asp
Maybe e-mail them with the pics attached. I don't know if he has any clout with customs, but it couldn't hurt.
Jon
With all of us here and around the world we should ban together and say we have had enough. We should all call the complaint department one after another and keep it going untill something is done. Or we can go to media and drop dime on them and let them hash this out. Can you inagine the crap that can happen to them.

With regards to the limited english of the Seller, here is something that might work.

I eat at a lot of the local Chinese places and from time to time I get them to translate stuff for me if I have ideas for Firefly style shirts and the like. If you know anyone that can speak Chinese they may be able to write what you want to say and you can mail it to him. As that would take a while you could maybe scan out the page and email the picture to him so that the communication would be clearer. At least then, assuming that your intermediary spoke good English and could write in Chinese, you would have a leg up.

*shrug* Just an idea.

But your problem just reinforces my belief that bureaucrats deserve, at best, mild contempt until they prove they deserve better treatment.

What a bunch of complete and utter w*****s. I feel fortunate not to have had a single issue with customs in my 6 years of collecting props. And I live in the UK for crying out loud!

I'd be crapping live kittens if I opened a package and found a hole drilled in the item I received. I definitely understand your frustration and anger. I bought a Rubies Vader helmet to modify a few years ago, and when I got it, there was a quarter sized hole punched in one side and and exit hole matching the size out the side next to it, like a pole was shoved through the box. Luckily, it narrowly missed the helmet packed inside, but I was wondering what in the hell had happened to punch a hole that looked like a spear had been driven through my package.

It's amazing how beaten up packages can get. My last purchase had a huge rip through the box, but luckily nothing inside was touched. I even told the delivery guy "Jeez, what happened to the box?" He just shrugged. Hell, he didn't give a crap.

Good luck with getting this taken care of. :thumbsup

Wow... Just Wow :eek

I was recently contacted by a customer who bought something I made years ago from another collector in Canada.

Customs was holding the item and insisting on another $400 bucks for import duties because they assume the item was manufactured in Canada.

The item in question had a decal I put on all my work... "Made in California, U.S.A."

But that wasn't enough for customs, They wanted more info so I had to sent them proof of my citizenship and my shop location when the item was made. :wacko

I'm told by friends not to use postal service for Canadian shipments.
UPS and Fed-Ex have their own agents that deals with customs so you will get your package faster and with less B.S.

Nick :rolleyes

Was it a Gam rocket?

Wow... Just Wow :eek

I was recently contacted by a customer who bought something I made years ago from another collector in Canada.

Customs was holding the item and insisting on another $400 bucks for import duties because they assume the item was manufactured in Canada.

The item in question had a decal I put on all my work... "Made in California, U.S.A."

But that wasn't enough for customs, They wanted more info so I had to sent them proof of my citizenship and my shop location when the item was made. :wacko

I'm told by friends not to use postal service for Canadian shipments.
UPS and Fed-Ex have their own agents that deals with customs so you will get your package faster and with less B.S.

Nick :rolleyes

Damn dude you are cursed when it comes to I Robot items. I am glad I was able to help with the damage UPS caused on the Spooner badge you purchased from me. Good luck with the claims and repairs.

Now I am glad that you got screwed! Right now I am loving customs! You deserve every bad thing that has happened to you....Looser!

Holy cow! Seeing those pictures is very disturbing.
Have you had any luck following up on this?

That's just lame. They drilled a hole in a DVD case?
I swear this sounds like someone is really messing with you. Maybe your girlfriend is jealous of the money you spend on props? Or someone is mad at her at customs?
Wow. I have been very lucky.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back