Three Strikes and you're OUT!!

Well, if you are asking for opinions...
I have no idea what the climate is like in Hong Kong. I would be wiling to bet that a seller of an illegal, unlicensed product may not have a lot of clout with their postal service.
He also says he is not friend of customs.
Again, looking at the broken English, this might mean he has had many dealings with customs in the past and they hate him.
Also it may be something he has to go to a post office or some other government office and do in person and may take a day of his time.
I don't know what you paid for this or what his profit was but probably not THAT much.

This is a fun hobby but not without risks. If you try to ship a gun looking item or a bomb looking item, you might expect some trouble.

It sounds like you have a total vandal that hates you, is jealous of the pieces you are buying, is sadistic and power crazed.
Is it possible that someone else is doing this stuff to you in particular? I mean a third party that can get to a package on your doorstep and mess with it?
I think what has happened to you is appalling and I agree that follow up service is important for staying in business but this fellow in Hong King may be running his business in an entirely different manner - making illegal copies of something, selling as many as he can and moving on to the next thing.
Again, I don't know, but it still doesn't seem right to file a dispute when he did send the piece you paid for.
It seems more like your dispute is with his customer follow-up, which sucks, for whatever reason, and makes him someone you would not do business with again.
You might do us all a favor and let us know who it is so we can all refrain from doing business with him.
However, I disagree with filing a paypal claim against him because he is not willing to go the extra mile.
Just my opinion.

Just from what the email sounds like, their right he's either A) Been in trouble before with customs, or B) Knows theres not a damn thing he can do.

And yea it is douchey of him not to try and help, but if he knows nothing can be done, and says customs doesn't like him, theres no reason pushing against him to do it.

I'd call Customs, explain to nasaly nosed female dog where exactly her salary comes from, then tell her if they don't do something your next call is the media.

Why is it such a hassle. I know for a fact if this stuff happened to anyone else they would want to be treated the same why I expect to be treated. What happened to customer service?

If you've ever tried claiming against the PO you'll know it's a hassle, a big hassle that goes on for months.
And i agreed with you that the way the seler was treating you wasn't fair. I'm sorry i mistook filing a dispute for filing a claim with paypa,l but we can all overlook things can't we such as you not noticing where i agreed with you.

amn that is fraking retarded sorry to hear that they bashed your goods so bad.
i live in canada and have had similar incidents happen
BUT the drill thing is insane never heard of sutch an thing i would be contacting the office and filing a complaint against them and request they pay for the replayment of the items if possible or a refund in $$$s
man sorry to hear :confused
tk..out

OK,

After a good nights sleep, I have a different head on. As far as his email and it allowing me to act on his behalf - no go.

I would be wiling to bet that a seller of an illegal, unlicensed product may not have a lot of clout with their postal service.

The product isn't unlicensed or illegal. It's the 1:1 Sonny Bust that holds the 2 DVD's in his back. It's 1 of 5000.

Such as labelling someone a douche based on one e-mail?

Are you ever going to CONTRIBUTE something to this board, or is it your goal to be instigatory? In the 2 years you have been a member you have never started your own thread. Which I know isn't a bad thing. I've looked at all 10 pages of your posts and I would say that at least 50% of them are negative and some of them, like the ones posted in this thread, are clearly trying to incite drama. Which is just a sucky thing to do in a thread where someone feels like they've had the crap kicked out of them and is thoroughly upset/pissed.

From now on, I'm just going to read whatever you post and leave it at that. No responses. I'm also not going to label you but I will offer up a definition -

trolling

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."
Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence."

Agreed, I'd take it down a notch.

Agreed, Notch or two has been dropped.

I'd call Customs, explain to nasaly nosed female dog where exactly her salary comes from, then tell her if they don't do something your next call is the media.

I'm going to give a New York office a call as they did handle one of the packages. Hopefully better results.

If you've ever tried claiming against the PO you'll know it's a hassle, a big hassle that goes on for months.
And i agreed with you that the way the seler was treating you wasn't fair. I'm sorry i mistook filing a dispute for filing a claim with paypa,l but we can all overlook things can't we such as you not noticing where i agreed with you.

Misunderstanding defstar,

I have no problem with you. I apologize that it came across as me disagreeing with you. When I said Why is it such a hassle? it was a general outcry, as I have made claims with the Post Office and other Delivery services in the past and found it to be a MINOR inconvenience (Personal experience; Results May Vary). I would say probably 5 total in my life, and the longest one took 2 and a half weeks and that one was with UPS.

It was definitely not a statement directed towards you.

The PayPal dispute/claim statement was also not directly towards you but to a few people who had made the statements and the couple PM's I received about the PayPal route not being cool and me doing so would be total injustice.

I'm going to continue my due diligence and I'll keep everyone posted.

-Kyle

I've been watching that 'Homeland Security USA' show, on ABC, and they always cover what goes on at customs and the boarders. They seemed to be so careful, ON TV, when opening foreign packages. I saw X-rays, Biohazard precautions, blades to open the boxes, and when it gets out of hand, they call the right people to handle the most outrageous finds, such as a box full of human skulls, but I can only recall seeing them use a drill for drug searches. Well, I have seen chain-saws being used, too, to take a car apart, only to find drugs.

9/11 gave the authorities the right to break into our stuff, steel our airplane luggage, listen to our conversations, and, so it seems, drill into our collectibles.

Would like to see a pic

Why? Because he won't take the hit for the damage that customs did? He did his part, in producing, selling, and packing and shipping it. I understand you're upset, but getting upset at the seller because he won't take a hit because of someone else's screwup is just asinine.
I'm not getting this. If the seller files the claim he doesn't have to pay a dime. It would be the postal service who would be paying. So there is no "hit" he'd be taking. I don't undertstand why he won't file the claim. Seems like a reasonable request.

GQ,
Did you take photos of all of this before and after you opened/unwrapped the packages? If not, you have learned a lesson. ALWAYS get pics. That will be your saving grace in these types of situations when dealing with the postal service.

It would be the postal service who would be paying. So there is no "hit" he'd be taking. I don't undertstand why he won't file the claim. Seems like a reasonable request

Yea I don't get that part, I do know USPS is Pain in the ass to deal with, its not really just turn in a claim and its done. Theres follow ups and calls and they just try and pass the buck time and time again.

I do have pictures I just couldn't post them as my card reader has been out of commission for a while. Luckily I just got home and the replacement was on my door step.

I'll have pics up in a little while.

-Kyle

Sorry to hear about this. I have had this sort of thing happen twice but by the US Postal service. I was sent some items insured and they arrived damaged. I had to have the seller make a claim and the post said sorry we did what we had to to deliver it and we are not taking responsibility. I was pissed too; so insurance is a scam too. Now I just cross my fingers when sending anything. I am getting sick of these government offices that have zero accountability.

All I can say is Never Give Up and Never Surrender to them; be a thorn in their side til you get satisfaction.

Sorry to hear about this. I have had this sort of thing happen twice but by the US Postal service. I was sent some items insured and they arrived damaged. I had to have the seller make a claim and the post said sorry we did what we had to to deliver it and we are not taking responsibility. I was pissed too; so insurance is a scam too. Now I just cross my fingers when sending anything. I am getting sick of these government offices that have zero accountability.

All I can say is Never Give Up and Never Surrender to them; be a thorn in their side til you get satisfaction.

Yep they always have an excuse ready to not pay out, had a friend got some fibreglass armour delivered smashed to bits, double boxed, filled with them styrofoam chips , wrapped in bubblewrap, marked fragile.
PO reason for not paying out ? package not packed to PO guidelines they said the item should have had at least 6" of bubblewrap around it or something silly.
Of course these guidelines are not available at the website or in the PO. :rolleyes

Pictures -

DSCF1199.jpg

DSCF1202.jpg

DSCF1203.jpg
DSCF1204.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg
DSCF1206.jpg

DSCF1207.jpg
DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

-Kyle

OH

MY

GOD!

This is beyond ridiculous! I kinda had a hard time accepting the idea of holes drilled in the box...

But they actually drilled holes right through it and the contents!!!

Why the %#@&! would they do that!?! :angry

Dude I would not give up on this under ANY circumstances! Go to the media if you have to!

Kevin

Looks like a few people at customs was having a bad day and took it out on your packages.

I mean why the hell would someone drill one neat hole right threw the top of the box??? Or tape the contents of a package on the outside??
Defys all common sense; what kind of idiots are customs hiring.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back