Amt/Erlt Millennium Falcon rebuild ( ANH 5' Version)

Hi JD,

Its no problem mate, I appreciate what you and others have pointed out. I have a list of things to addess on the next build.

Its funny, when I look at my Falcon dead on It looks spot on but from the photos it looks like you are correct. I took a few more photos at the exact same ange as a csreen grab and I can see what you mean. Having a look at the canopy and tube, I have discovered that the tube (Short part attached to canopy)did not glue flush at the bottom of the join conecting it to themain body tube.

I never noticed this before, but that half a mil puts the angle out by pushing it up and slightly out.

I have also noticed that the canopy tube sits a little lower than the studio model as well.

Here are the pics I took to compare

millenium_falcon4.png

IMG_1995.jpg

Let me know if you see any other faults. I was concerned about the curve angle of the hull to, but I am happy with that now.

Thanks

Ozzy

I gotta say, I'm loving this thread. I'm working on one of these as well, but you've already outdone it with the new cockpit. Fantastic work, the MPC Falcon is now a bargain kit since the FM, and who knew it could look so good.

Corrected MPC Falcon '5ft' > FM Falcon ESB

I'm just sayin.:$

EDIT:
Oh, and I'm just going to assume you draped the flashlight in the photo to represent the dealie in the hangar.

Let me know if you see any other faults.
Since you've already done so much accurization work...on the five windows on top of the cockpit, all but the center window should have a crossmember near the top:

2720790583_85928fa999.jpg

BTW, you've done a remarkable job on the kit! I'd bet the average modeler wouldn't recognize it as the AMT/Ertl kit.

Last edited:
incrediPAUL, Thanks for the comments. Funny thing is The flashlight has been hanging there for a long time. I didnt even notice it was in the same position as the dealie till you mentioned it. Thanks for pointing it out LOL

Zombie_61, thanks also for pointing that out, I had totaly forgoten about it. I was so involved in other areas I had neglected to put tem back on.

Regards

Ozzy

Ozzy,

this is utterly inspiring! I love what you've done with the old "hunk-a-junk"
I wish these alternate parts were available to us lesser Correllians!

Brill work!

Rich

I don't get into the General Modelling forum as much as I should and just look at what I have been missing.

This is fabulous. I remember at the tender age of 13 a year or so after Star Wars first came out my mom and dad bought me the kit (or something similar ?) as a surprise. I nearly wet myself with joy.

I have to say I came quite close again reading this thread.

Love the engines.

J

Thank you clancampbell and nailuj for your comments. I am working on some castable parts. Which will be either major side wall parts seperate. or complete side walls (5 foot detail).

Thnaks for your positive words.

Ozzy

Hi all,

On a slightly off topic - topic, A few people have asked how to pu the the graphics together to fit the original AMT Falcon cockpit.

I have a few old pics of when I was test fitting it for the AMT/Ertl which may be helpfull.

So here they are.

First of all, the original cockpit set (1976) was bilt with a three level floor,

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture023.jpg

That was just low gloss photo paper.

When I built mine for the the new cockpit, I printed a black and white copy first, then built it out of styrene. I then attached the photo prints once the styrene was fitted correctly.

Ozzy

Last edited:
Necromancer! LOL

Great looking build! There seems to be some more interest these days in the MF build, and I'd love to have a link to those downloads too!

Nice looking work Ozzy!

Your build could really motivate me to pick one of these up, if I had any free time that is. The work that you applied to this kit is outstanding. Maybe if we're lucky, some pics of some current work will be posted:)

I love the idea of "hamburger-izing" the hull on the old girl, but pushing apart the hull at the gunwells still leaves the hull kindof flat from gunwell to sidewall, I think. By that I mean you get a more diamond shaped cross section than ovoid. I once made a set of acrylic ribs with the right height and curvature to address that in the AMT/ERTL kit, but then abandoned the project... The rest of the stuff you've done is fantastic, though, and the graphics are beautiful!

Mark in Okinawa

Hi,

Thanks for posting on an old thread.

Unfortunately I have not touched the falcon literaly from the day of my last post on her. She is dusty and in some parts damaged from being moved from one end of my room to the other.

If anyone is still looking for the graphics, Scott has then hosted on his site here

NERD HERD FORUM - SCALE MODEL ADDICT - The rock n roll scale modeling show!

Along with many other reources for building the Falcon.

They have a great group build going on at the moment as well. Worth a look for sure. Some amazing things happening. Check out Scratchys 1/144th mods.

Thanks for the interest guys

Ozzy

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back