Rorschach: The Definitive Thread

heres me as Rorschach so far

71235425.jpg

have no idea why its so difficult to find a brown trench coat :confused

The reason is pretty easy.....they didn't make very many. However if you buy one that is mostly cotton, they dye rather nicely. I recommend Rit Cocoa rather than thier dark brown. It seems too dark for me. I bought a pair of pants in a close color and material to dye and make the wider sleeve straps and the really long belt. To make them even more darker, get fabric spray paint from Michaels [or the equivilent] in brown and shoot the coat.

Well... since no one has any other info on this suit, I'll be making it based primarily on the comic books then: double breasted WITH notched lapels. I'll post images once it is finished.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

The reason is pretty easy.....they didn't make very many. However if you buy one that is mostly cotton, they dye rather nicely. I recommend Rit Cocoa rather than thier dark brown. It seems too dark for me. I bought a pair of pants in a close color and material to dye and make the wider sleeve straps and the really long belt. To make them even more darker, get fabric spray paint from Michaels [or the equivilent] in brown and shoot the coat.

thanks buddy for the info. I'm gonna try and find a decent coat and dye it :thumbsup

Well... since no one has any other info on this suit, I'll be making it based primarily on the comic books then: double breasted WITH notched lapels. I'll post images once it is finished.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Looking forward to see how that comes out!

Just wanted to say how great your trenchcoat was, also. I've been wearing it around since it came in the mail. I'll try and get some nice quality pics of it while in full costume so everyone can see.

Hey guys Im new here but Ive been checking this thread daily, I've also been working on a Rorschach costume almost finished but still have updates I could always do on it here are some pics alot of people probably know me from another Rorschach costume forum

4174284396_6850b7e214.jpg

4174284958_786b2a09f6.jpg

4464969774_31409df61f.jpg

4557335648_8589c3268f.jpg

Oh snap! I just found this thread! Guess I gotta watch things here!

Fff I def. need a better coat as soon as I have the cash. D00R your's is my total favorite, I love the cut! I'm pretty proud of my costume as it stands for my budget, though. For this halloween I'd really like to make my own masks.

I bought one from Rorschachmask.com while they were still around last year since I was concentrating on my grappling gun project, and after poking my own pin-holes, it was fantastic. I'm debating backwards-engineering and silkscreening my own, basing the pattern off of the model one I bought, or trying one of the various other methods floating around. I really loved how wonderfully the mask conforms to my face, and if I want to switch them out over the course of the evening, I'd like them to be somewhat uniform. (even if I use a different method and make a whole new selection of Faces for this october.)

What are the recommended/most popular methods you guys suggest? I'm familiar with methods involving layers of stockings (usually thick dancer's style) and also people figuring out their own patterns and various tubing as well. I'm wondering what all of you consider the best/most efficient!

P.S. Josh, your hat is so hot, for serious.

Oh snap! I just found this thread! Guess I gotta watch things here!

Fff I def. need a better coat as soon as I have the cash. D00R your's is my total favorite, I love the cut! I'm pretty proud of my costume as it stands for my budget, though. For this halloween I'd really like to make my own masks.

I bought one from Rorschachmask.com while they were still around last year since I was concentrating on my grappling gun project, and after poking my own pin-holes, it was fantastic. I'm debating backwards-engineering and silkscreening my own, basing the pattern off of the model one I bought, or trying one of the various other methods floating around. I really loved how wonderfully the mask conforms to my face, and if I want to switch them out over the course of the evening, I'd like them to be somewhat uniform. (even if I use a different method and make a whole new selection of Faces for this october.)

What are the recommended/most popular methods you guys suggest? I'm familiar with methods involving layers of stockings (usually thick dancer's style) and also people figuring out their own patterns and various tubing as well. I'm wondering what all of you consider the best/most efficient!

P.S. Josh, your hat is so hot, for serious.

I know door got his coat from a yes style website bilious, if your interested in a coat similar to that I'll send you the link when I get on my other computer but another route to go is a DHCP military tan trench and alter it. Use leather brown spray paint, black spray paint, some sponges, coat wax and lots of time and patience.

For the mask, mines is lycra based with farbic dye painted for the pattern.
If you do decide to use the rorschachmask.com style ivest in some fabric dye just paint on it using a stencil.
another person to ask is on the other forums that we are on bilious you can pm IAMTHEACEOFSPADES/WMRORSCHACH on there. I commisioned his mask which worked better then the rorschach.com one. He also left a attachment to the many blots you can use to make your own mask.

I guess the biggest things is how you want your costume to look and sit on you? I tried to grungify and weather mine with more of a sleak look.
Some people like to have it sleak, others bulky.

thanks for the comment on the hat:love! and I hope this helps more.

4174283876_aee984fe94.jpg

4173530787_b1accb2b5a_m.jpg

4173530707_d0e30ed1bd_m.jpg

I bought one of the coats D00R has, too, off of eBay. It's pretty good if a little too long and thin material. I wasn't a fan of the belt, either. WMRorshach's coat is really good. I like the one he did for me a lot, and he was really good about keeping me up to date with how stuff was going with it. The Indy coat is hands down my favorite, though. If it just had accurate buttons it'd be spot on.

My costumes been through a bunch of upgrades so I have so many extra scarves, gloves, fedoras, and coats lying around now. :lol

OMG Notsoserious I'm so jealous!!!!!

And yeah, hahahahaha it's fun seeing some familiar faces here! I'll be going back through the ol' Ultimate Rorschach thread at the other forum again when I'm ready to begin (Still gotta assemble these guns arg arg arg!)

Awesome thread. One of my possible costumes this year is rorschach. If I end up doing that I am gonna use this post. Thanx for all the information.

Some of you I know from the WM forum have probably seen these, but I figured I'd post 'em up for my new RPF friends while I was at it.

I spent something stupid like $15 on the coat, $5 on the pants, and $12 on the scarf after months of thrift-shop hopping. The hat I owned already, snagged from when I worked at an Old Time Photo Studio, the boots are my usual dress shoes, funnily enough, and the mask was $45 from Rorschachmask.com.

Most of these are test photos of one sort or another before I found better gloves.

Will be trying to figure out how to upgrade this from last year for this halloween. Like I mentioned before, biggest plan is to make switchoutable mask patterns. :D

Can anyone tell me the best way to weather up a trench coat? I bought one a year ago before the film came out, as well as a nice vintage fedora with the intent to make a Rorschach costume, but just lost interest. Since I have most of the pieces (Gloves, hat, coat, boots) I don't need to do much else until mask work, etc. So how do I do it? Any tips?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back