Da Vinci Code Props--UPDATES!!! NEW PROP!!!

spiderfan11

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey All, I recently had a need for a fix of props. Who in this place are planning on making some of the stuff from the Da vinci code? I am already working on a cryptex, which is coming along well, and I also am playing around with the Bank key. (The Gold cross with Triangled Key End) Let Me Know, I am very interested in if anyone is working on replicas of either these to things or others. I was even going to buy a mona lisa poster off ebay, and a UV invisible marker, so I can right on it and have it invisible until I shine a black light on it.

It's been a while since I read it, but I thought he wrote on the painting on the opposite wall of the mona lisa (virgin on the rocks or something like that), or at worst 'around' the mona lisa. The mona lisa is the only painting in the louvre behind glass. He couldn't have written on it.

I soooo want a cryptex though :) I've wanted one since I read the book. Be nice to see some pics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cboath @ Apr 22 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1231351[/snapback]</div>
The mona lisa is the only painting in the louvre behind glass. He couldn't have written on it.
[/b]

havnt read the book, so may be off base, but couldnt he have written on the glass over the mona lisa???
dont know the context of him writting around it or whatever, just putting something out there, probably really off base :p

looking forward the the flick though, looks like it could be pretty good,

Yes, the writing on the Mona Lisa was in fact on the glass in front of it. It's mentioned quite clearly in the book, and you can see it in the movie trailer, there's a shadow being cast by the letters onto the painting.

As for props.... I must have a cryptex. 'nuff said. :)

I was planning on building the cryptex in a couple of months, or at least start it. It would be nice to have all the screen caps available, after the movie comes out that is, so I can make it exact as possible. Unless, someone here has an illegal download and can share some screencaps with us.

Yea, I have that site. I don't have any progress pics, and I just bought a frame for a mona lisa today that I could write on. I also started my key which is almost finished. I should have some pics for you guys soon.

Alright, bare with me, I have a lot of pics to show.........

First, the cryptex Pics:
title_main.jpg

dcode0kj.jpg

rosebox2.jpg

rosebox.jpg

blueprint.jpg

Rose On Box
grailrose.jpg

Now, the design for the bank key I made using paint. Still need better screen caps:
mhte19T_seal_of_the_priory_of_sion2.gif

I was wondering when this would come up ;)

I just finished the book, and can't wait for the movie...
Cryptex and the key would be my thoughts...the most obvious...
And I thought about doing the rose box too...

*Note* funny, the pics above don't look like how I pictured these items to look...
I saw the cryptex as more marble, and the letters setting the other way. (almost Flintstone like)
And the box with the rose carved in one corner.**

Now then...would they be based on the book, or the movie?
:)

I haven't read the book yet, but I heard from someone who has that there's another cryptex inside of the cryptex. Is this true? Because it seems that there isn't one in the prop in the movie.

Some of the suspense of the story might be compromised by answering your question ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RelicMaker @ Apr 26 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1233651[/snapback]</div>
I haven't read the book yet, but I heard from someone who has that there's another cryptex inside of the cryptex. Is this true? Because I seems that there isn't one in the prop in the movie.
[/b]

Nope, to be honest, i picture the cryptex a little more like the one on the site posted, but this one is more fancy and regal looking. The Key I pictured as being a little more plain than the one in the trailer, and I thought it would just be engraved with the Fleur De Lis, instead of having a 3-d one. Also, the cryptex in the movie is a lot smaller than the one in the book is described as, mainly because I think they may have removed/changed one or more parts of the storyline.

Alright, I think I'm done tweeking my Priory Golden Key I hope you all enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free.:

2be4c3c0.jpg

db43aa3a.jpg

keycode005.jpg

keycode002.jpg

keycode001.jpg

Now I wish I had more molding skills. I could see what I could do about that if you really like it. Thanks for the compliment man, I appreciate it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back