My HIC display...

letmebestormy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey folks,

I'm a longtime reader, infrequent poster. I never thought I'd ever post a "showoff" thread but I just installed this bad boy in our new dining room and I gotta say, it looks badass. It's an Illusive Concepts that I picked up in an auction when Sharper Image went bankrupt. It was perfect timing and right in my backyard so I could pick it up. I'll never forget walking out of the Sharper Image corporate office with my buddy carrying this. It instantly stopped everyone on the street. "Is that who i think it is?"

The lighting cost about $125 at Ikea. All LED, so he leaves a small carbon(ite) footprint.

I could have mounted it on the wall but I get a certain safety satisfaction with it on the ground. The vent it is sitting on is intake only so not hot air is blowing on it (everyone asks that first). Some day I may mount it and build a base for it but right now I like it just where it is.

When the sun sets and the lights go on....man, it is something to behold.

-letmebestormy

483292932_zqQej-L.jpg

483292852_z4r3r-L.jpg

483293034_Q3XMg-L.jpg

483293187_GcjhX-L.jpg

483293070_Z4dPj-L.jpg

483293012_D49ic-L.jpg

wow...looks great!
could you show a pic of what the lights are/look like?

Found these on the IKEA site... Come in orange and are solar powered with an automatic "on at dusk/off at dawn" setting on them:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60155051

They won't ship them, though, and I'm 3.5 hours from the nearest IKEA (Atlanta). :( I might go with some LED light bars and run them off of a separate power supply than the ones running the EL panels in my side panels.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back