Classic Lost in Space props

Lost in Trek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Seems like I see quite a few B9 robots and first season laser pistols. What about other props from the show? Laser rifles, Burroughs consoles, holsters, etc.

Post pics of what you got.

The First season laser gun was built from a Remco toy pistol made at the time

ktremcowithlight.jpg

Will with the working hero prop with lights

ooodmwilllaser.jpg

solid-cast dummy laser from Profiles auction

ktlissdcc03.jpg

The first season laser rifle was made from another Remco toy (this one was called the Chariot rifle because it seemed to be stored in that vehicle)

ktokriflerightside.jpg

Viva los robotos!

islandinskyrifle10.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get a laser rifle to go with my B9 robot I have the 1st and 2nd season pistols and I love them. Mark Goddard hau autographed all three the robot and the pistols!

Last edited:
I have tons on Lost in Space...

A copy of a full dress Laser Rifle:

The Second and Third Season Rifle was mde from a Matel Toy, The RoloJet Rifle:

And the way it looked on the show:

A Shot of the second and third season pistols, note tip is missing:

And the old and new holsters:

Rich you are the man! I got your season laser pistol and had Mark Goddard sign it and he said it was a very good replica right on!:thumbsup

A few years back I saw a photo of a third season pistol, and the caption said that the barrel was made from a piece of construction rebar. The fiberglass barrel wasn't strong enough to support the muzzle.

David.

Sorry old prop tail.

It was made.

Look closely, it only looks like rebar, rebar is done is a sprial.

Rich

A few years back I saw a photo of a third season pistol, and the caption said that the barrel was made from a piece of construction rebar. The fiberglass barrel wasn't strong enough to support the muzzle.

David.

The First season laser gun was built from a Remco toy pistol made at the time

ktremcowithlight.jpg

Will with the working hero prop with lights

ooodmwilllaser.jpg

solid-cast dummy laser from Profiles auction

ktlissdcc03.jpg

The first season laser rifle was made from another Remco toy (this one was called the Chariot rifle because it seemed to be stored in that vehicle)

ktokriflerightside.jpg

Viva los robotos!

islandinskyrifle10.jpg

BEAUTIFUL(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Sorry old prop tail.

It was made.

Look closely, it only looks like rebar, rebar is done is a sprial.

Rich

This barrel in the photo was done in a type of graph pattern, like that used on houses. That is like the rebar I have seen. I have never seen rebar with a spiral pattern, is it used for some special purpose?

David.

This barrel in the photo was done in a type of graph pattern, like that used on houses. That is like the rebar I have seen. I have never seen rebar with a spiral pattern, is it used for some special purpose?

David.

Post a pic of the rebar you think it is. I don't think it's rebar and have never seen any like that.

Typical spiral pattern rebar.

Rebar-Protectors-big.jpg

Another pattern but not similar to the prop.
Rebar-Safety-Caps-big.jpg

FB

Many moons ago, when I was wee, I had my pistol signed by Jonathan Harris ... he was great. I can remember him, in his Smith voice, asking "Young man, would you like me to sign your pistol?"

upload-005.jpg

pistol-001.jpg

pistol-003.jpg

(Man ... look how cool I was as a kid. :lol)

Unfortunately, I had to let this pistol go a while back, in preparation for my move to Florida.

Last edited:
Post a pic of the rebar you think it is. I don't think it's rebar and have never seen any like that.

FB

My mistake, it was like the pattern in the second photo, not spiral. I saw the photo a few years back on a LIS site. It was a small photo, and the caption said that the barrel was made from rebar as the original fiberglass barrel couldn't support the weight of the muzzle emitter.

But if Racprops says that it is not rebar, then I am more than willing to take his word for it. It makes sense, having a piece of iron for the barrel would have made the prop pretty front heavy, and the way the actors handeled them, the laser pistols didn't look like they had much mass.

I've never seen spiral rebar before. But then the only construction I have been closeup to is home construction, and all the ones I've seen has used the second type of rebar in the foundation.

David.

Hey Rich- I believe that Rotojet rifle came AFTER the prop- not the other way around!
I have one and it was released late in the run of the show.
And if you really look, there are some major proportional differences.
But maybe you know something I don't....

That interim rifle also became the Mr. Freeze gun, and was used on other Irwin Allen shows.

That interim rifle also became the Mr. Freeze gun, and was used on other Irwin Allen shows.

Fox made more different versions of that rifle for the tv shows filmed there. I watched the dvds of the first season of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", and there were two different versions of that rifle as underwater dart guns. Although Voyage did use the first season silver laser rifle from the second season on.

David.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back