converted 1/72 a-wing

minifig

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here you go, I thought I would show you my new a-wing! As you can see it's quite heavily converted into being a beaten up rust bucket. I thought I would also do a slight variation on the classic colour scheme! Hope you like it.
_MG_9209.jpg

_MG_9208.jpg

_MG_9221.jpg

_MG_9225.jpg

100% Awsome work....LOVE IT!!!:lol Great work love the originality looks fantastic!!!!!!!

Man I would like to do something like this on another Studio scale A-wing!!:thumbsup

That's some phenomenal work, well done sir! This is defintely NOT the Fantastic Plastic version.

Last edited:
It is so hard to believe this is a 1:72. It is so amazing to look at. It looks totaly realistic, the greeblies seem to make perfect sense. Amazing job on this.
(Someone please PM me where, if possible, I can collect this kit? I really want to do a A-wing in this scale.;))

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This was great fun to do, especially finding all the kit parts to stick in to get the 'right look' for the scale( 1/700 boats are a 'god-send'). The biggest inspiration for the detail was probably from the beaten up snowspeeder and for anyone looking for some great tips on weathering, I can't recommend this book strongly enough!!!http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/iamm.htm

redirk2: the kit can be bought from rb26 over on resin illuminati, though i think some of the guys on here know his email address (I can't remember it i'm afraid!)

What kit was his?The old MPC kit or the resin Fantastic Plastic kit?Excellent kit bashing and weathering!That would be even more impressive on a 1/24 scale A-Wing.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back