The Shining - anyone ever done this prop?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
There's a scene in the film where Shelley Duvall brings Nicholson breakfast in bed. During this scene Nicholson is wearing a highschool team shirt that says "Stovington Eagles" (and has a picture of an eagle on it)

Stovington is supposedly the school which Nicholson's character worked at before he took the job at the Overlook hotel.

Has anyone ever made this shirt before?

(BTW, not only is it a prop from a great film but it has a very cool Old Navyish/A&F style to it , which is very popular today.)

DS

Here are some caps -

shirtcap.jpg

The top font is called Machine, and the closest match I could find for the bottom font is CommercialScriptBT (although the letter "L" needs to be modified which is no problem).

DS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARTH SABER @ Apr 22 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1230986[/snapback]</div>
Has anyone ever made this shirt before?[/b]
Terrific idea. To the best of my knowledge, this shirt has not been replicated before.

Seem to be a lot of projects related to The Shining recently. It's great. :D

Looks like a slighty greenish shirt, unless that's just the color cast of the screencap.

If you did this with silkscreening, it'd be easy to do. If DS did the art, I could probably set up the silkscreening...there's a place right down the street from me, and I know her, and she'd give me a pretty good deal on these. Unless someone here wants to do them, of course. I just think silkscreening's best, since it's what they used.

I want a few of these for friends.

-Eddie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Apr 22 2006, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1231224[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARTH SABER @ Apr 22 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1230986[/snapback]
Has anyone ever made this shirt before?[/b]
Terrific idea. To the best of my knowledge, this shirt has not been replicated before.

Seem to be a lot of projects related to The Shining recently. It's great. :D
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, the shirt definitely looks like a very light green with a faded black print .

Since it's one color it should be very cheap to do.

Let me see what I can whip up ,as far as artwork , this week.

Hey, while we're at it maybe we can make a replica of Jack's beakfast. Just need to find the right plate and fry up some eggywegs and bacon. :p

DS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARTH SABER @ Apr 23 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1231422[/snapback]</div>
Hey, while we're at it maybe we can make a replica of Jack's beakfast. Just need to find the right plate and fry up some eggywegs and bacon. :p [/b]
Kappabashi (the place where they make all the plastic food replicas for Japanese restaurant windows) is right here in Tokyo. If we had the right plate, they could definitely do a spot-on recreation of Jack's breakfast. But, of course, there's something to be said for being able to wear the shirt and actually eat the breakfast. :D

Looks like a slighty greenish shirt, unless that's just the color cast of the screencap.

If you did this with silkscreening, it'd be easy to do. If DS did the art, I could probably set up the silkscreening...there's a place right down the street from me, and I know her, and she'd give me a pretty good deal on these. Unless someone here wants to do them, of course. I just think silkscreening's best, since it's what they used.

I want a few of these for friends.

-Eddie[/b]

I'll work on the artwork for these this week and post some mockups. If there is enough interest in this shirt I will have them silkscreened up. :):thumbsup

-Ss

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back