Looking for Rorschachmask-Patterns...

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys..I´m looking for the patterns to build a movieaccurate Rorschachmask for costumizing.I have the DC-Propset and the patterns are right..but the cotton is no stretching..so I cannot wear it.So I need patterns to cut the cotton in the right parts before finishing.
Has someone patterns for this mask or for another like this form? :confused

Last edited:
*ahem*

RorschachSlap300.gif

If you can take some pictures of where the seams and darts are, I'm sure some of us could whip up a pattern.

I've been trying to nail down just where exactly all the seams run.

From what I understand the mask is stretch Lycra with a canvas print on the lycra. Kind of like the spidey suits are 4 way stretch Lycra with muscle shading printed on it. So maybe try to photoshop your take on the Rorschach mask pattern then See if you can get it dye subbed?

It's a pity there's no way to make a mask that actually changes - Not symmetrically, anyway...
If you can afford it, why not make, say, 5 masks with a different pattern on each - cycle through them every ten minutes or so.

It's a pity there's no way to make a mask that actually changes - Not symmetrically, anyway...
If you can afford it, why not make, say, 5 masks with a different pattern on each - cycle through them every ten minutes or so.

Or 1 mask with four to six different prints on it, inside-out and back and forth ;-)

Michael

Actully there is a way to make a mask with the design changing.

1) hi tech method -flexible lcd monitor there has been shirts with this hooked to a source. The only downside is you will be blind. http://news.soft32.com/lg-philips-to-show-flexible-display_1555.html

2) lo tech - one of those old scream mask with the double layer th first layer bieng white pvc the second being clear pvc with the spray jets located where the eyes are then you just put a valve in it to let the fluid being black dye trickle back again.

No guys..I don´t need patterns for the black Rorschachsign..I need patternss to make a cottonmask..the DC-mask is stitched out of 3 or 4 parts of cotton..but its no stretching material..so I cannot wear it.So I need the patterns to stitch my own out of a stretching material.I could cut my mask at the seams,but I think thats not a good idea because the set is than not destroyed.

Here is a pic of the back of the mask...i marked the seams were the parts are stitched together:

I hope everyone understand what I need..:)

A dart is a triangle of fabric used to alter the shape of a garment I believe.
( They're sometimes cut from the shoulders of serial killer victims when they want to make a woman-suit ;) )

And yeah, you could make a changing pattern... But it wouldn't be symmetrical.

had to post this. A buddy sent it to me, says a guy on the LOH made it with heat sensitive paint. Looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZlKhDI0wQ

Okay, that one takes the prize ! Instead of using the heat the breath of the wearer generates it would be nice to see what small electrical heating elements could do. They could be arranged for various patterns and would even be able to change the larger mask pattern symmetrically.

I wonder what kind of paint is.

Michael

The heat-sensitive paint is such a good idea! The effect is good enough for the illusion without a doubt. Okay it only switches between two images, but it's still pretty darn good just for the transition. Fedora off to that chap.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back