ADD 12fish34 to the RECASTER list

hey Jon, this guy has been mentioned over on TDH

I have actually emailed him a while back to question him abt it - he says its a scratch build project. But then why call it a MS-1? My eye really isnt into Fett lids, but THAT isnt a MS-1.

He is also now going into full production with royal guards, phase II clone lids and predator masks as well. the phase I lid is a new one to his stable.

the thing that always makes ME chuckle is this line (its in all his adverts)

"....Helmet is cast in 5 layers of Smooth Cast 300 "PLASTIC" not cheap resin..."

yeesh just saw the price as well - might as well get a nice fan-built one for that price. Heard some unknown prop builder called C6 used to make a fairly decent lookin one ;P

sorry to say, but as economy starts to tank - theres gonna be more and more of this.

Nate

Last edited:
silly me, I didn't even realize that it was the same guy that is listing multiple EP III helmets.

OH YEAH, this guy is a big time recaster.

thanks for the heads up, these guys are coming out of the walls!!!

blocked bidder list updated :thumbsup

-z

...which also warps/deforms over time.:thumbsdown

Really? So how long of a time period are we talking about here... months, years, decades?

I personally haven't had any problems with Smooth Cast 300 products warping in the five years I've been using them... unless a batch was old or improperly mixed.

Yeah and he bought a EFX helmet from another user on Feb. 17th im sure thats the one he recasted and he also bought a prop makers molding and casting guide...
i notice he also offers a predator bio mask now too Im sure thats not his to cast either......

At this point, I think it is safe to say that they are ALL recasts. I doubt this guy does any original work.

I didn't look at his buying pattern, but I guess that says it all!

Unfortunately I did not see this thread until I had just "won" one of his Royal Guard helmets from ebay. I should have known it was a recast. And let me tell you it's a pretty nasty copy with dirt and hair embedded in the cast that you can actually see. Quite disgusting.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back