The Fifth Element Stones-Ultra Limited Edition

Am very upset - just secured a set of stones from Evilbay and now have no funds left for these :cry

Hoping beyond hope that there will be some left and the £ to $ rate improves too. Alternatively will be looking to get my own 5th element statue to add to my set........anyone doing a sculpt? :love

I have been waiting for these from HCG ever since they hinted they would be doing them. I love the dispaly idea, statue and stands, but I think the stones look terrible. It looks like they are done in plain Hydrocal and are sagging in a few places. Does anyone know if these are the finished stones or a pre production pic?

Just had the email on these, looking mighty fine and love the fact that they come with the statue aswell. Will be picking some of these up! Not a bad price either, just tried to preorder them but they want all money up front and i'm not willing to do that yet.

Aren't these meant to be case from a set of stunt used stones?

Reelart on evilbay have been offering stones made from drystone, has anyone purchased these?

just tried to preorder them but they want all money up front and i'm not willing to do that yet.

Unless your doing the 4 pay plan no money is due until they ship from HCG which would be sometime around Fall, that's when they will charge your card. If your doing the 4 pay option only the first installment is due of the 4 payments.

I ordered mine yesterday when I received the e-mail.

I have been waiting for these from HCG ever since they hinted they would be doing them. I love the dispaly idea, statue and stands, but I think the stones look terrible. It looks like they are done in plain Hydrocal and are sagging in a few places. Does anyone know if these are rthe finished stones or a pre production pic?

the earth stone looks to be a bad casting, not too impressed with the statue either(sculpted from memory i think), i'll pass.

z

the earth stone looks to be a bad casting, not too impressed with the statue either(sculpted from memory i think), i'll pass.

z

I'm hoping that the photo is just a prototype picture and not the finished goods since the stones do not appear to be painted.

I'm hoping that the photo is just a prototype picture and not the finished goods since the stones do not appear to be painted.
I was just going to say that it looks like the stones are in a "raw" form, and that the whole thing looks more like an attempt at a diorama than a set of uber-accurate stones. :confused

Oh how I wish I could afford these, I've been looking for official replicas of the stones ever since I became a fan of the film. :confused

I agree with TheGworks.

The stones from that German site look dead on for replicas. (If they are recasts from someone else's work, I don't approve that, of course.)

I have a bunch of HCG's stuff, and they usually do a great job. However, I'm disappointed that the stones the are producing seem to be so far off the movie version. I took some time to look through screenshots from the film, and couldn't convince myself to buy the HCG version. The crevices on the HCG stones are more deepset than they should be, the stone surface is less uniform (more wavy in places - likely due to casting problems), and the "age" cracks in the stones are more widened/prominent than the film displays. I have no issue with coloring, as they seem to be close enough.

It's really too bad. I was looking forward to these, and cannot see myself shelling out 700+ for the German version.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back