Show-Off Thread: My Best Prop Acquisitions of 2008! *56K warning: Pic Intensive!*

Jack T Chance

Sr Member
2008 was a good year for me for adding new props to my collection! :)

First, thanks to eBay, I got my hands on a RARE, HAND-PAINTED PROTOTYPE for a Galaxy Rangers Water Gun that Galoob had planned to make (I don't know if any were released in Europe, but it never got released Stateside, As Far As I Know.)

GalaxyRangersWaterGunPrototype.jpg

I've always wanted a replica of the blasters from Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, with their design that was inspired by classic cowboy six-shooters, but as many of you will be aware, Galaxy Rangers merchandise items were very few and far between here in the States. The few toys that were released were only released in Europe. There's also an electronic, lights & sounds version of this blaster out there. Both are known to exist as hand-painted, possibly one-of-a-kind prototypes, but I've never been able to find out if either one ever made it to production and into (European) stores. :unsure

And I've also never seen anyone offer a proper (no pun intended) prop replica of these blasters, either. So, for now, I'll have to be happy with my prototype water gun. :cool

I don't remember how much I paid off the top of my head, but because of its extreme rarity and uniqueness, that's not as important. I DO remember that I got it for an astonishingly low price, considering it's a hand-painted prototype! :cool

But by far, my best prop find on eBay last year was this custom-made beauty, a heavily reworked Nerf Maverick dart gun!

It was made by...

professor-finneas-wiley3.jpg

...and is called Hell's Belle! Here's a bunch of pictures, including one that gives more info about 'er!

nerfgunmockup-hellsbelle.jpg

hellsbelle-left.jpg

hellsbelle-right.jpg

hellsbelle-front.jpg

hellsbelle-chamber-front.jpg

hellsbelle-back.jpg

hellsbelle-chamber-back.jpg

hellsbelle-slide-left.jpg

hellsbelle-slide-right.jpg

To call this "hand cannon" impressive is an understatement! Besides being one hella cool prop just on its own, I also bought it to serve as my sidearm should I ever get ambitious enough to tackle my dream costume project... dressing up as Green Lantern Jack T. Chance!

jacktchance.jpg

She'll make a suitable "hand cannon" for Jack! :)

Again, I don't remember off-hand how much I paid for her as that was a few months back, but again, that's not as important considering what a unique and beautiful prop it is! :love

Lastly, I have to give honorable mention to my other significant prop acquisition from 2008. This one wasn't an eBay purchase... this came from a trade on the Green Lantern Corps Message Board! One of my friends over there decided to experiment with something I've long wanted! After hand-crafting a couple prototypes, he sent one of the prototypes to me to fulfill his end of our trade, and I now have this....

GLLedRings.jpg

GLLEDRing1.jpg

:D

And because I KNOW someone's going to ask (someone always does,) NO these are NOT available for sale! The maker currently has NO plans to make any production runs of these, as he currently has neither the time, nor the money he needs for the supplies it would take to make them (transparent casting resin, green dye(s), green LED bulb, etc.) Real life has, sadly, intervened. I wanted him to make me a light-up Sinestro Corps ring as well, but he hasn't even had time to attempt that project. This may all change in the future, many months from now, but for now, I can not help anyone obtain one of these. Sorry. :unsure

Anyway, just wanted to share a small part of my collection with everyone. :cool

Last edited:
I am loving that Galaxy Rangers gun

I always wanted a model of Ranger 1...

any chance that bad boy will see the inside of a mold?

I am loving that Galaxy Rangers gun

I always wanted a model of Ranger 1...

any chance that bad boy will see the inside of a mold?
None whatsoever.

Even if I had any experience with making molds and reproducing items, I would never do it with an item like this. If it were a final production model, that would be one thing. But since this is an original, hand-crafted and painted prototype, and may be the only one in existence, it will never be used to make a mold, as that would destroy an important piece of the toy line's history. :unsure

it looked like it had been molded in color...

oh well

it's a beautiful piece

enjoy it
What I WILL be doing, at some point, is taking more and better pictures of it from all sorts of angles. Might even put a ruler in there so people know what size it is. If someone were to then decide to sculpt and make their own prop replicas of it, using the photos as reference, who am I to tell them "no"? ;)
Jaw Drop!
Is there any particular item that made your jaw drop? :confused

I have that very same Nerf gun the Hell's Belle is made from. It really is amazing how cool those things look with a little work and a paint job.

I have that very same Nerf gun the Hell's Belle is made from. It really is amazing how cool those things look with a little work and a paint job.
I know! I may eventually buy the Nerf CS-6 Recon system and see if he'll mod the pistol and ammo magazine(s) for me with a similar style to what he used on the Hell's Belle! :)
the nerf gun reminds me of the 10mm pistol from the fallout games
And I believe it's meant to remind you of the weapons in the Fallout games. You'll notice that "Professor Wiley" describes it as a "Post Apocalyptic Dieselpunk" paint job... sounds like Fallout to me! ;)

BUMP! Showing these off again! I just remembered that I never did photograph that hand-painted prototype of the never-produced Galaxy Rangers water gun... gonna have to do that soon. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back