USS Enterprise NCC1701 A color list anywhere?

judgedredd

Sr Member
Does anyone have a good link for readily available colors for painting the Enterprise A kit it would be nice to get everything together for when i hopefully start one of these kits! I had a look on the net but nothing jumped out.
Basically which colors for what and make and how to buy them preferably for the UK market too if possible.
cheers :)

Well you can refer to my extensive photos of the hero miniature, taken at Christies'. :)

http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/karltate.2006christies.1701refit.zip

And I got these paint charts off of the web back in the day, I forget where (Starshipmodeler?). You could google it.

entacolors2.jpg

entacolors3.jpg

Actually, it's not that simple really... the ship looks different in EVERY one of the movies... my personal favorite is the spanking-new pearlescent TMP look, she just glows. :)

The Round 2 repop of the polar lights 3 footer wil be out soon... I would guess that the kit will have complete painting instructions. I dunno how accurate, but they will have something. You might just want to consider the Refit to be a "research project" rather than a quick "paint list" situation. :confused

http://www.round2models.com/models/polar-lights/starship-enterprise/pol808-08

imageuploadimage.jpg

Curious, I've never heard of the Round 2 re-issues before. Are they any different than the original versions released by Polar Lights, and such? I have a PL 1:350 Refit that I have yet to start (or more accurately, don't know if I ever will start), but this caught my attention...

Apparently the repop of the original 18-in TOS Enterprise has got a fantastic new decal sheet, which alone makes it worth the price of the kit. The plastic itself is just the last iteration of that design, so if you're familiar with the history of the TOS kit, you don't really need to buy it again because you already have it. BUT the decal sheet sounds pretty sweet.

So in this case, I'm looking at the Round 2 description, and it looks like the big thing here is the Aztec templates. I don't know if these are "decals" to put printed patterns all over the ship, or if they're removable painting templates to aid in detailing, or what they are exactly. Could be a useful include or they could be worthless.

As to the Refit itself, I don't know what if any changes there are. The Polar Lights kit had some glaring errors which seem to be repeated on the photos they show (the shape of the Impulse Engine vents, the taper of the Secondary Hull, etc). Also there were planned optional parts for the Polar that had to be deleted for the production kit including photo etch... I don't know if anything new is included in the Round 2 version.

- k

I believe a single metal post stand has been added too.
So as not to have those funky clear supports for the dish.

Truth be told, the Aztec painting scares the frak out of me; it's probably the biggest hurdle for me to get over before I even contemplate starting the build. Sure, you can do the model without it, but it just doesn't look right. So, if there's any more help at all than what was in the original PL kit, then it's an immediate improvement, IMO.

Looking forward to the new kit.
A thousand thanks for the pics, Karl - you reference king you!

Cheers mate i should have known it wouldnt be that simple with the Enterprise :)

Actually, it's not that simple really... the ship looks different in EVERY one of the movies... my personal favorite is the spanking-new pearlescent TMP look, she just glows. :)

The Round 2 repop of the polar lights 3 footer wil be out soon... I would guess that the kit will have complete painting instructions. I dunno how accurate, but they will have something. You might just want to consider the Refit to be a "research project" rather than a quick "paint list" situation. :confused

I bought and built one of the first ones, but no lights.

I'm thinking two of these new ones, give em both lights and convert the old one into the self-destruct version from ST III
:angel

A paint list would be nice.
Anyone know if the Round 2 Kits will be ditributed in the UK?

Here's a shot of a completed Enterprise i did for someone...

Rich

The two pictures in this thread look awesome!! I'll have to get me one of those kits someday.

I really hope that Polar Lights do a Big Enterprise-E though, that'd rock!!

judgedredd, did you ever finish that Enterprise reference set that you were compiling? I remember sending you a bunch of images, but I never saw if you did a final result or not.

Hi i was actually playing around with it again recently if you want me to do it no problem there just did not seem a lot of interest a large number of the pictures are from Phase pistol which he kindly was happy for me to use and has linked a zip file already on here then there are others from around the web and forums.

judgedredd, did you ever finish that Enterprise reference set that you were compiling? I remember sending you a bunch of images, but I never saw if you did a final result or not.

This has always been my favorite incarnation of the Enterprise. Beautiful ship, beautiful model. I may have to cave and get one when it comes out.

Thanks for that list, MML! I've got a PL kit coming my way shortly and those sites are likely to be invaluable. :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back