Ultimate Captain America Costume Questions

Spoox

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has or is working on one of these and wants to post pictures.
My fiancee is working on his Cap and has a few questions.
What pants are people generally using?
Does anyone sell or make the red circle with white star patches? plz PM if you do :)
How do you guys go about making the scaled upper armor/shirt?
Any ideas on the pouches?

He already has an awesome cowl on the way, accurate gloves and boots too.

He doesn't have an account here so I am posting for him :)
This is the cap he is going for:
captain_america.jpg

I hope some of you guys can help :)

Thanks!

Some guys have used foamies to make the scales, just cut out the scales and glue em on. Easier said than done I know.:lol Paint em up before. He's not getting a cowl from Reevz is he? I love Ultimate Cap. Ultimate anything for that matter...

on the cover of ultimates 3 the patch looks like a white star on a black circle... hmmm

He is also in seach of a good looking shield sooooo....if anyone has any leads? :love

Yeah he is getting a Reevs one :)

Some guys have used foamies to make the scales, just cut out the scales and glue em on. Easier said than done I know.:lol Paint em up before. He's not getting a cowl from Reevz is he? I love Ultimate Cap. Ultimate anything for that matter...

Why not see if you can't do what was done of the spiderman suit, and have a pattern printed onto spandex.

the spidey isn't printed it is actually dye sublimation. They use white spandex and tehn dye the spandex on teh bolt in teh exact cutting pattern. VEry very different than "printed". It is also a bit pricey, but there are a few guys that do that.

GL1.jpg

Ooops, my mistake, I thought it was printed. I've heard of dye sublimation, but don't know what it is. How does dye sublimation work?

If I remember correctly (everyone feel free to corret me if I'm wrong!) dye sublimation uses high temperatures to transfer the color into the fabric to "permanently" attach it to the fibers of the fabric, and it's called "sublimation" just because the color (with the heat) became a gas and once it is on the fabric it returns in a "solid" state...

Or something along these lines:D

AHHHHhhhhhhhh, I looked it up, so basically you are making a transfer that has the image on it, it's then applied to a polyester fabric and heated in a press where the ink from the transfer becomes a gas, then penetrates the heated and open pores of the polyester fabric and imbeds itself in the fabric. when cooled, the dye is trapped in the closed pores of the polyester fabric and won't wash out.... So instead of just applieing a "color" to the surface of the fabric, or color particles into the fibers, you're imbeding the color inside the polyester fibers themselves.

I learned something new.

I wonder if I can do this by printing out the scales on several t-shirt transfer sheets and iron on the blue fabric of the shirt. Now if I can line the sheets up seamless.....

Hmmm I might try that.

I wonder if I can do this by printing out the scales on several t-shirt transfer sheets and iron on the blue fabric of the shirt. Now if I can line the sheets up seamless.....

Hmmm I might try that.

well that would give u a transfer not dye sublimation. And like a tshirt transfer it might crack fade etc. hmmmm

That is true... but I have no clue where to do that. I figure if I can have a nice blue fabric I can just iron on the scale pattern.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back