Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

20160717_175411.jpg

A little progress on the X1, got a rear CMC this weekend to match an extra front wheel I had (both have heavy duty spokes). Mounted some NOS Indian head carlisle tires and they look really cool on the bike. Took the guard off and wow was there a lot of dirt where ever the guard was covering. Greased up the crank bearings, these are not schwinn but rather Tange brand which is a Japan bmx brand, looks very heavy duty. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I will start to add all the little things that make the X1 cool.

Still have to find some nuts and bolts for the rear fender braces and move the fender back some. Looks short but it's not.

I just got one original brace for each fender. Added some repops as well just to hold them up until I find am original for the front and get the skirts for the rear. The rear fender brace also has two sets of holes along the side and even some writing on the top of the brace where it meets the bottom of the fender.

Hey guys, looks like another member is taking the plunge into matrimony and selling their beloved replica bike on our favorite auction site, it looks awesome, they did their homework, very well executed, I wish them luck with the sale and future ventures, makes me wish I had more money than time!

Last edited:
I guess anything is possible if you put your mind to it, the BMoA bike in Ohio skirts are made of individual slats, here are some shots I got to kinda give you idea of what they did, good luck if you decide to tackle them yourself:

162.JPG 140.JPG 141.JPG

Last edited:
Well, it's been over a year since I last looked at my bike and so I finally decided to get back to work, especially now that I'm about to start a new job and my only transport is the bus. I was apparently very tired last night and ordered the handlebars, donkey grips, and streamers, and I'll be heading to my local bike shop soon to get my rear wheel assembled.

Can someone post some photos of the unpainted saddle bags and the dimensions of the various contours? I want to have some good reference so I can hire someone to design a Pepakura pattern to make them.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but my machine shop made an extra set of skirts...except they made them out of aluminum. PM me if interested.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back