Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

So I was finally able to make use of my time....... As i mentioned before this is more of an inspired version. I came across these pin striped wheels and decided to add a little twist to the bike; also found a tank that actually fits. Got the tank primered and painted.
bestbike: Thanks for the buttons I really appreciate it, if u have duplicates of any other little things send them my way and I can paypal u the cost.
inventor401: welcome to the party lol, its a fun project but not cheap. There isn't a cheap way to do this. Be prepared to spend money. lol Also, you can find a schwinn dx frame on craigslist, your local swapmeet or even on ebay for about 100-150$. A little hint, I would wait til the very end near completion to purchase a tiger siren or customize the saddle bags just in case u lose interest or run out of hobby money.

Hi Guys,
I was just at profiles in history and they have a screen used Pee-Wee bike for there up coming auction.
Just thought I should let you guys know.

HMS Mike

Finally, i talked to the guy that owns that bike. Did you get and good pics? I only got a couple then he never got back to me. The owner is on this board and he frequents this thread. The bike need a only a few part to be complete. I think they expect 20k+ for the bike.

SHROOM: Nice progress on your bike. Glad the control buttons arrived and I sent you a few other small parts today.

INVENTOR: Welcome to the project and to the group.

HMS MIKE: Thanks for the heads up on the auction. I contacted PIH and they said the online catalog will be posted late next week.

BIKE PROGRESS: Have all my accessories except for the center tank button and chrome washer. Bought a fender set & hardware, seat post & clamp and vintage springer fork last week. Still pondering what direction to go on wheels and tires.

Thanks for the buttons I really appreciate it, if u have duplicates of any other little things send them my way and I can paypal u the cost.

Ugh Didnt realize how hard this project was gonna be. First of all i need the bike i suppose. Im having a hard time finding a difference with the schwinn hornet and the dx Or the variations between the years that they make them. I want to go as cheap as possible but still close to the movie. Also I found a jc higgins that was very similar to the schwinn. Im also Looking to but the three rear tanks If there is anyone who is willing to make and sell them?

Got these from PIH. Auction is July 28-29. Looks to be missing 4" mirror, small fin on light and name plate -- nothing big. Says rear fin, streamers and delta light insert are the only things replaced. Mentions rear compartment opens so am assuming saddlebags do not. Anyone in CA going to be able to go check it out? -- BB

View attachment 202522View attachment 202523

I feel like these auctions start higher than ususal and end up with an "Inflated Market cost".

BTW guys, If you run Lighting Darts on your bike, your better off just running the front one. I blew some cords out on my last ride. Got lucky and made it home ok.

Has anyone went to the auctions of is there a preview day? I want to go see this bike. The side bags do not open, same as the H-wood Museum bike.

He was missing the red fins for the headlight. Also the fin for the rear bag.

Guys, there member on the CABE that just found a decent DX and it has the correct fender his name is "ETRU" he said he may be posting the bike for sale soon.

Last edited:
I'll probably throw my Darts on for special events, I run my Goodyear tread knockoffs the rest of the time. I'm scared to mess up my Carlisle tire.

If by inexespensive bike, you mean a Schwinn DX frame, then yes. If you mean a finished replica, then I'm guessing no.
Of course i meat the frame =] I wanto wnjoy building it myself. I just cant find a frame cheaper than 100. On page 15 someone mentioned getting one for 25$

Usually about 75 to 85 shipped is the high endfor a frame, i got one for 50.00. Some of these bike guys get the whole bike for less than 100.00 bucks.

The cabe and ratrodbikes are websites. Im new to this website and builds. I apologize. Ive only built two costumes for fun. I built a schwinn from the ground up when i was younger. I know they sometimes cn get pricey

Btw Abelugo were you the one making the tiger horns. I just started following this thread a few hours ago. I know its been going on for almost 2 years

Yes i was the one making them, then having a hard time selling them. I had to put things on hold for a while, but im slowly getting the wheels churning again slowly.

One thing i do recommend to all the people building these bikes is to get to point where you most everything, them worry about the bags and the tiger.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back