Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

CaptainEO

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to build a replica of the bike in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. I've been doing some research and I believe it is a Schwinn DX base, and the skirts and bags are custom. I also found that the tiger horn was a found item made in Italy called "La Tigre della Strada" or, The Tiger of the Road. I was also able to find some pictures:

peewee1.jpg

peewee2.jpg

tigersiren1.jpg

tigersiren2.jpg

If anything, I would love to be able to find this siren to stick on my own bike! :)

Looks like someone has done their homework. Good job! :thumbsup

The good news is all of the pieces have been identified (if memory serves there were only like 2 only custom made pieces, the rest were off the shelf) I spent 3 years researching all the pieces (now there are several Pee-Wee fan sites with grocery lists for the parts).

The bad news is EVERY piece of data I had stored for this project died with my last laptop. Since then I just haven't had to energy to re-visit any of it again. Just thinking of all the research I did and losing it all makes me ill. But I can say so far you are SO on the right track! :)

Man..at one point I had almost all the parts to build that, but lost interest before I did,,,I did however bid on the one that popped up on ebay a little while ago..I believe one of the bikes actually used a Roadmaster tank if I remember right...the tank didn't fit exactly right in one scene..there were quite a few bikes used throughout the movie but the heart of the "hero" bike is for sure a post war Schwinn DX with a 60's style Schwinn springer fork..I always thought the skirts and chainguard were custom, but the saddle bags were a found item ( scooter or something)

Last edited:
Looks like someone has done their homework. Good job! :thumbsup

The good news is all of the pieces have been identified (if memory serves there were only like 2 only custom made pieces, the rest were off the shelf) I spent 3 years researching all the pieces (now there are several Pee-Wee fan sites with grocery lists for the parts).

The bad news is EVERY piece of data I had stored for this project died with my last laptop. Since then I just haven't had to energy to re-visit any of it again. Just thinking of all the research I did and losing it all makes me ill. But I can say so far you are SO on the right track! :)

Thanks! I haven't really done too much research. Just started by finding a pic of the Tiger and went from there. Very cool that it was mostly found pieces.

That sucks about all the data being lost you gathered! I'll have to look through some of the fan sites and see if I can piece a parts list together.

I'm glad I'm on the right track so far, I've mostly been looking at Schwinn message boards is all. I have a feeling if I am ever able to find that Tiger, I'll end up trying to find everything else shortly thereafter :lol

CaptainEO, A friend of mine (who works in the Industry) still has one of the 6(?) bikes that were made for the film. PM me & I'll see if I can hook you up.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I recently was able to acquire one of the elusive Tiger sirens! Cast in black plastic and painted to match the film. It has also been modified with a working microphone, just like in the movie!

4456750628_ef374a2d0e.jpg

Better pics to follow!

When I was a kid, nothing was more obsessive for me than wanting one of these bikes! Thanks for the blast from the past....now I want it all over again!

Capt. E, as I mentioned before, my friend (who's also the Set Master for Dexter) has one of the Hero Bikes. He, like you, lives in LA & when I'm there (in June) I'll try to get you & his Bike together for some pics & a Ride. In the mean time, let me know what info & pics you require for your PW/BA Bike project & I'll hook you up - asap!

I just got my Bike Horn replica too. The thing looks great!

I'm working on a bike as well. The most elusive part so far is the chainguard. Very few phtos of the back showing how it was built.

Any and all photos you can get would be great.

Nick

Capt. E, as I mentioned before, my friend (who's also the Set Master for Dexter) has one of the Hero Bikes. He, like you, lives in LA & when I'm there (in June) I'll try to get you & his Bike together for some pics & a Ride. In the mean time, let me know what info & pics you require for your PW/BA Bike project & I'll hook you up - asap!

That would be amazing!! It seems that there is a lack of decent pictures of the bike in general, so even just some high quality shots from all sides would be excellent. I'll send you a PM.

I still have to find a 50's era Schwinn before I can really start on a build, but I did mount the tiger siren on my cruiser bike, looks pretty slick! :cool

Any updates on this? I recently got back from seeing Pee-wee on Broadway. Easily one of the highlights of my life! Now I'm super stoked about this project!

I have been wanting to make this bike too... The parts are so so hard to find. I just planned on fabricating everything... I did however find a guy who molded the Tiger siren.. Probably the same guy Captain EO bought his from... He was offering them a while back... I have seen real ones on ebay go for well over $500....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back