Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

BestBike, did you do those illustrations yourself? Very cool.

I made a new bracket to hold the Tiger Siren today. The old bracket was meant to be temporary, it was too flimsy and snapped. See?
bracket1.JPG

So I went to Home Depot and got a FAT piece of steel and set to work for a few hours with a hammer and a vice. And some paint.
bracket2.JPG

bracket3.JPG

The original was very springy, the Tiger Siren would actually bounce a little. This is much sturdier, there's no way this thing is gonna break.
bracket4.JPG

BestBike, did you do those illustrations yourself? Very cool.

I made a new bracket to hold the Tiger Siren today. The old bracket was meant to be temporary, it was too flimsy and snapped. See?

So I went to Home Depot and got a FAT piece of steel and set to work for a few hours with a hammer and a vice. And some paint.

The original was very springy, the Tiger Siren would actually bounce a little. This is much sturdier, there's no way this thing is gonna break.

Nice. That looks totally secure now and your bike is looking great, Rudd. How long you been working on yours? Yes. I do these Pee-wee illustrations to unwind after work. Have done a mess of them over the years but these are the only ones bike related. BTW, thanks for the specs on the arrow. Appreciate it. -- BB

Finally got around to painting and installing my spinners. The spinners that I had in previous pictures were (very kindly,) loaned to me from Abe. I've had these sitting around forever, but like a dummy I couldn't think of a good way to get the swirl pattern painted on exactly. What I ended up doing was covering the whole thing in painters tape, and then printing out a life size version of the spinners on the hollywood bike and transferring the pattern to the tape with carbon paper. Then I used a hobby knife to cut and remove the tape and then mounted them with wire. Pretty simple.

sp1.JPG

sp2.JPG

sp3.JPG

Hey great job Ryan, I cut mine on where vinyl, but both side are toast now because of the use and putting it on a narrow rack to take the bike places. I think the set I lent you were painted too.

Yeah, the pair you loaned me were painted. I have these mounted so they dont rub, although the left side required three wires to make that happen. Hopefully they stay in good shape for awhile. The problem with vinyl is that it wont simply scratch if something rubs it, it will peel off and you'll have to start over. Also this cost me nothing, whereas getting vinyl printed would have been an extra expense, plus I dont have a vector program to make the pattern I needed.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370626465.991200.jpg looks like the X1 from Ohio will be right down the street from me soon and less than a mile away from mine at bicycle heaven

That's cool. Maybe it will be displayed so that you get a 360° look at it. That's the problem with the Hollywood bike, it's stuck against a wall.

Also, slightly off topic. Did you guys hear the announcement for the new xBox? It's called the xBoxOne, and I've heard some gaming press refer to it as the X1. Drives me crazy every time I hear that I think of the bike. Lol.

Finally got around to painting and installing my spinners.

RUDD: Your bike is looking great! Nice solution on your spinners. Two years and 50 pages later, it's gotta be satisfying to sit back and look at the progress you've made. A little late for the offer but, if you need vector templates for anything else, I'm happy to help -- templates are what I'm working on now. Q: How big is the center hole in your spinners and how did that size hole work for you? -- BB

SHROOM: You should have gotten your buttons early this week. Also ordered some more small parts and should have a few more duplicates to share.

A hint for the spinner centers, you have to measure the axle nut on the wheel you will be using, make sure it clears the inner wheel bearing cone/nut. That is the part that holds your front bearings onto the axle and spin with the wheel.

Ugh Didnt realize how hard this project was gonna be. First of all i need the bike i suppose. Im having a hard time finding a difference with the schwinn hornet and the dx Or the variations between the years that they make them. I want to go as cheap as possible but still close to the movie. Also I found a jc higgins that was very similar to the schwinn. Im also Looking to but the three rear tanks If there is anyone who is willing to make and sell them?

Inventor, welcome. I would recommend getting the correct frame. If you get into this project seriously you may not know the differences now, but down the road you will, and you'll regret going with something that wasn't exactly right. Schwinn DX's aren't that hard to find at a decent price, just be patient. If you can find the frame alone all the better, since most everything meeds to be changed out from a stock DX. As for the frame differences, both of the upper bars have a slight curve to them. The hornet has what is called a straight bar. The upper bar is curved, but the lower bar is straight. You can check out the for sale sections on ratrodbikes.com and thecabe.com for parts. Hope that helps.

Oh, and the tanks are my main hangup right now too. Nobody is selling them, I'm gonna have to try my hand at fiberglassing, you might have to as well.

Thanks for the info. My main problem is always patience haha. I kinda just wanna get something similar and cheap and start collecting the parts and make it look as good as possible but remain looking for the actual bike and just sell whatever i get as a substitute. Does anyone have the rough dimensions of the saddlebags and the tank above them? Also really want the lion head so if anyones selling those Id like to get one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back