Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

20161031_175810.jpg
Done.

WOW!, would you look at that!, it's indescribably beautiful, it reminds me of the 4th. of July!,

Pee-wee's stunt bike rides again!,

Awesome Frank, Congratulations!

Only one pic though!, surely you jest!?

20161031_175818.jpg
Thanks everyone, feels good to finally finish this one. I need to take some better pics. I will also try to age the paint on the bags so it can match the rest of the bike. The paint I used was matched using the front fender and it looks dead on. If anyone needs some let me know, I can always have more mixed up as the shop I used saved it in their system for me. Definitely not just a bright red color.

I'm sure I will finish my first bike eventually, especially now with more knowledge on how to mount the bags. Would be cool to have a minty one too but for now I couldn't be happier.

Very cool bikes guys!
I'm hoping to build one myself some day.
I've read through the first 170 pages of this thread.
Any tips for a guy just starting to gather parts?

Thanks, I noticed that there are a lot of parts to gather. I've been collecting bikes for over 25 years so I know how hard it can be to find correct parts. Maybe someday I'll be posting pics here of my very own x1.

I have located a 49 schwinn frame which I believe is a DX or of that style. Both top tubes are curved slightly. The lower slightly less than the top. But definitely not straight. Sound right?

Thanks! I've started collecting parts. Hoping to make something as close to screen accurate as I can within my budget. I'm pretty decent at fabricating parts. But I also know that there are some pretty specific pieces involved. I think I have acquired the correct bell. And a frame. Hoping to get a bike completed in a 2-3 year timeframe. I appreciate your input.

Does anyone have a completed bike they would be interested in selling in hopes of funding another project? I am on the border of wanting to start this project but just wanted to see if anything was available before I commit to collecting pieces.

Took the X-1 to the Long Beach cycle swap meet on Sunday and people went absolutely crazy over the bike. If I had to guess maybe 250-300 people took pics with it. It was very cool to see little kids getting excited about the bike. How is everyone's coming along on the X-1's?

That's great! I can't wait to have a completed bike. Mine is going pretty slow, unfortunately the new house renos took over for a bit. But I'm hoping once this Canadian winter is finally done I can start fabricating some parts. I've also been trying to keep my eye out for any found parts. But as I'm sure everyone knows that's a pretty monumental challenge on its own.

My bike project has stagnated somewhat, between finishing school, looking for work and just working on multiple smaller projects in between. But now that it's theoretically getting warmer in Chicago I'd like to get my bike at least functional again. Last thing that happened was I was gonna get the rear hub replaced, and now I found a guy who's willing to lace the spokes for me. Hopefully that inspires some forward progress.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back