Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I believe that was the correct bell. My mickey has a green shirt which is incorrect, but I'm on a budget right now so I didnt bid it.

The 41 frame is pretty much the same, but I think the dropouts may be wrong? Going from memory here, but are the dropouts rear facing?

No it wont. You need a Delta rocket ray, or a delta super rocket ray. I used rustoleum rattle can red for paint, but If you tell the powdercoater fire engine red you'll be close.

Ok cool, thanks. Im just concerned with the finish since i dont have the touch to spray it myself. That's why i want to go powder coat. There's this place called Americoat Powder Coating in Orange county, they do all types of bicycle and chopper frames. One of the shops guys told me they can match any color, I just needed an exact color. (fire engine red)
im also searching ebay for parts. all i have is the frame, forks, cranks, and mickey mouse bell now. If u guys come across anything let me know thanks.
Im also trying to figure out how to upload a pic

Right, well as said before your frame is slightly wrong, but not really that big of a deal if you don't mind it. What kind of forks did you get? And where are you located? I'm not far from the OC.

Also, Be careful about posting eBay links. Forum rules prohibit that for some reason.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I live in the South bay area by LAX. I see your from Long beach.
the bike came with the original forks which were springer forks

I've seen that. A nice bike but super inaccurate. I got everything on eBay or from forum members. Good luck with your build, and post progress pictures.

Ah, there it is. Hate to tell you mate, but that springer is wrong as well. Too old, you can see the difference particularly in where the pivot point is. In addition the cranks pictured are correct for the original bike, but the movie bike has Takagi Cr-Mo cranks. It's all here in the thread.

Are you planning to build an exact replica, or just an "inspired by" bike?

Is there anything i should look out for in restoring the X1? I want it to be as accurate as can be with the exception of the Frame Year, Powder Coating and maybe the Skip tooth.
should I reconsider Powder coating fire engine red and get it professionally painted the actual color?
Skip tooth?
Any thoughts?
Still unsure of the actual color.......

Ditch the skip tooth. The movie bike didnt have it, and the chain is way more expensive anyway. The original bike has a crummy paint job, powder coating will look nice and be tough, but its not accurate. Then again, nobody knows the bie has a crummy paint job and may think you just dont suck at painting, lol. Decision is all yours. I went with crummy. ;)

well..... now that im understanding detail, I want to go exact replica hence the amount of $ ill be spending. Should i just buy another frame and forks or work with what i got?
would the restoration of the 41 replica devalue itself if i go this route? probably will be more inspired than an actual replica......

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back