Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

The bottom part that would contact the tire is altered as well. A large black disc/stopper thing is added there.

This piece definitely feels like an "afterthought". Serves absolutely no purpose but to have something hanging off the front. At least the other stuff on the bike is used for what it is.

And it's a really heavy part, too.

I'd guess that the ones on the bike are possibly resin repros. That might explain the closed top. The side holes also reveal a thicker material than the pressed steel of the original.

vlcsnap-39845.png

Also the attachment arm doesn't match any of the production made parts. Custom made probably?

vlcsnap-3761468.png

It also looks like it has great potential to rub against the tire.

How about a tutorial on how to mount the dang thing. Who here has one on their bike and how did you mount it?

8aqujahe.jpg
nothing crazy. Bent and formed around bolt to fit truss rod. Then drill two holes in end matching the holes in round siren bracket

Mine never rubbed the tire but it will move. I advise a small section of rubber inner tube on truss rod to grip better. Even tightened down it will move with force. Well at least mine does

Wow, this thread really came alive, I keep getting alerts about it.

No updates on my end sadly, been a busy month. Hopefully when Nov rolls around, I can start putting the bike back together. Tight on $ too, hopefully I can save up for a tiger siren if anyone is still offering.

I made the one on my bike from aluminum. Then switched to sheet metal as it was really hard to get the angle in without breaking it. They would crack. That one is sheet metal was way easier to work with

Mostly everything I built is aluminum on my bike. But only as I mentioned before a friend of mine is a aircraft mechanic and gives me scrap pieces to build stuff from. I'm not a expert on aluminum but some of that stuff is stronger than steel it seems.

Maybe A hammer, some aluminum, and a dremel then use a file to get the edges smooth? That's how id do it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm planning on making mine out of brass sheet. I can get a small sheet big enough for the bracket at my local ACE hardware, and it's easy to bend to shape. I used brass for all my center skirt brackets for the same reason.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back