Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Picked up my bike yesterday from a guy down in San Diego.

Looks good, needs some work of course, rust here and there. Let me know what you guys think, and any suggestions or help would be nice. I also picked up a delta rocket ray and persons majestic siren. Took me a while to figure out how to get the siren to work but I figured it out. Only thing is, its missing one of the brackets that secure it to the bike.... might have to manufacture something to hold it on there.

Cool man, you're getting there. On the movie bike the siren is non functional, and it has a custom bracket.

Ahh! Thanks! I was just looking at that on some earlier posts, I noticed the bracket didnt look like the one that came with the siren. That's good then, I guess Ill figure something out. I found a tank on ebay from bicyclebones, I was thinking of getting one of those.

It a cool bike, but the frame is wrong. Close enough is up to you I guess, but personally I don't see the point of investing all the time and energy on the incorrect bike.

It a cool bike, but the frame is wrong. Close enough is up to you I guess, but personally I don't see the point of investing all the time and energy on the incorrect bike.

what are the main things i need to look for? it looks close but i know the wrong tank was the dead give away. And i guess the second top bar isnt bent either

Last edited:
Search for a schwinn dx, or d97x. There are more specific criteria earlier in the thread. If you're patient you can find something at a good price.

Last edited:
Anyone have any fenders they are looking to part with? I seem to be having trouble tracking down the correct ones with the braces.

Also Ruddigger, any tips for painting the frame? I saw you've restored a few bikes before. Im just thinking sand, prime, paint.

That's all I did, I used rustoleum. But hell, I'm just figuring this stuff out as I go like everybody else. Ha, a year ago I didn't know a thing about bikes.

Anyone have any fenders they are looking to part with? I seem to be having trouble tracking down the correct ones with the braces.

Also Ruddigger, any tips for painting the frame? I saw you've restored a few bikes before. Im just thinking sand, prime, paint.

I sent you a message on facebook... :confused

i think what i have is a schwinn hornet will this be close enough?

You could trade the "straight bar" tank or sell it for the correct frame Ebay is your best bet not everyone knows it is a "DX" frame so you have to search the photos... the tank is worth about $180-225...

DX frame$ range from $85 if your lucky to $160 or so for a striped non original painted one

It looks like you have the correct fork which is very hard to find!:thumbsup

Picked up my bike yesterday from a guy down in San Diego.

Looks good, needs some work of course, rust here and there. Let me know what you guys think, and any suggestions or help would be nice. I also picked up a delta rocket ray and persons majestic siren. Took me a while to figure out how to get the siren to work but I figured it out. Only thing is, its missing one of the brackets that secure it to the bike.... might have to manufacture something to hold it on there.

Looks like you been down near me...:cool

You have a great start looks like you have the correct fork too super hard to find:thumbsup... I sent you a message about fenders to your facebook
If you check out the previous posts there is a lot of info also photos and links to photos and parts...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back