Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Some survive, but you're right, it's rare. Most tires crack, and whitewalls usually split at the color seam, without a doubt. I've seen them pop up in decent shape, and I've seen even cracked tires sell for over 100 bucks a set. I'm not saying that's what I'd pay for a cracked set, but people are out there willing to buy them.

The fact that they used to sell for 10 bucks has no relevance, unless you have a time machine. The only price that matters is the one that you can get them for now. Murray use these (pr a variation of these) on their bikes into the 80's. Sometimes doing a search for an old Murray bike can net you a pair cheaply.

As for me, it's not that important. I'm riding on my Cheng Shens, and for daily abuse, that's good enough for me. I do ride my bike quite a bit.

That frame is gonna make for an interesting interpretation.

I started on my spinners today. The ones I had on there before were on loan from Abe, for a ride I went to. So far I've got the rust sanded off, and I painted them red. I'll have to make a good pattern for the spiral and make a mask out of tape.

I was hoping someone would eventually try to build a Pee Wee bike out of a modren "retro" style bike.

Looks good so far.

Nick

Thanks for the positive feedback. There is no way I could have even started on this project without the help of lost, ruddigger, krax, ed, this forum, and especially Abe for his custom parts and knowledge.

Hey guys, my names Andy! Been studying this thread for a while now and I wanted to throw my hat in the ring.

I'm starting my bike build very soon. The bike i have is a 1949 Schwinn DX.

BIKE.jpg

I know its going to need a lot of work, but hey! That's the fun part!

Ive been building Proton Packs from the movie Ghostbusters since 2009, I went on to building Brotherhood of steel armor from Fallout 3 and other little things here and there...and now I figured I had to build something that Ive always to build, something truly amazing and I was inspired by you guys so now i figure its time to build! :D

Hey guys, my names Andy! Been studying this thread for a while now and I wanted to throw my hat in the ring.

I'm starting my bike build very soon. The bike i have is a 1949 Schwinn DX.

BIKE.jpg

I know its going to need a lot of work, but hey! That's the fun part!

Ive been building Proton Packs from the movie Ghostbusters since 2009, I went on to building Brotherhood of steel armor from Fallout 3 and other little things here and there...and now I figured I had to build something that Ive always to build, something truly amazing and I was inspired by you guys so now i figure its time to build! :D

Welcome!!
I think you should do a Buster Bike with a built in Proton Pack I used to see a ghost of a lady walking by Sea World when I rode home late at night!!! :eek

I live in San Jacinto ( Inland empire). Ill post bigger pictures when I get back into town (In Vegas for the weekend).

I was doing research on the Tiger head and saw that its a super rare item. I read in the previous posts that someone was offering a resin kit with all the decals. Anyone know if those are still available?

Also I've seen alotta people building the saddle bags out of foam and such, is there a master template somewhere that I can download and print out?

A buddy of mine works at a shop that has a giant CNC machine, im hoping he can help out when it comes to getting some aluminum parts made.

I'm looking for a few things;
button box
box switches
red and amber stats
mirrors
tank buttons
3 speed shifter lever
front wheel spinners
delta ray light

if anyone has extras let me know

My friend for his work has some kind of laser scanner camera that I guess takes a pic and turns it into a program that it can be made from. He's wanted to do my cases. Although I said to do it right we'd have to go to thr real X1 in Ohio. Problem is I wouldn't know what to do with it once I had the scan.

I live in San Jacinto ( Inland empire). Ill post bigger pictures when I get back into town (In Vegas for the weekend).

I was doing research on the Tiger head and saw that its a super rare item. I read in the previous posts that someone was offering a resin kit with all the decals. Anyone know if those are still available?

Also I've seen alotta people building the saddle bags out of foam and such, is there a master template somewhere that I can download and print out?

A buddy of mine works at a shop that has a giant CNC machine, im hoping he can help out when it comes to getting some aluminum parts made.

I bet it nice and hot where you live!...

There are or were two people on here making the sirens Kansas Jack and Abe you will have to contact them.

As far as plans people on here are at all different levels some lurkers like me I may be a heckler last time I checked...:love There are numerous photos to go by unless you can beg for measurements from someone who made them some of this stuff is Top Secret!:sick

I have been gathering parts for years I have way too many important projects to do first I will catch up to everyone eventually.

It looks like a pretty good start you have to me you have to diside how accurate you want to build it a lot of the correct parts are harder to find than 1930s-40s bike parts ebay works for me it is just a battle and chalenge/treasure hunt.

Here is a link to photos I have gathered... Pee-wee's bike X1 - a set on Flickr

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back