Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Got my bike back a couple days ago after getting it powder coated. Will not be dealing with this place again as they painted a couple things that were not supposed to be touched. After getting it back, I noticed I forgot to have them powder coat a small area on the springer. Was just going to leave it the way it is, but now it is bothering me so might have to pay the extra money to get it finished. Dumb move on my part. I did put all the pinstripe on my bike today though.

If I can find a paint that matches pretty good with the bike, I will do that. There is one color a guy at a hobby store recommended me to get it, so I will try that today hopefully.

You can take part of it to a auto paint place. They can match it or really close then put it in a spray can for you. At least the one by me can. May come in handy down the road also

The place I went to called it fire engine red but they had three different ones. I used the one that the actual fire engines in california are painted with. But I used Banner Red by Krylon to paint the section I forgot to get powdercoated and it matched up pretty darn close. I will post pictures end of the week.

485fee82-0365-73ce.jpg
learned something new on my phone. But my X1 on display at bicycle heaven museum

Cool another finished bike!!!

Looks Great!!!

:darnkids

5 Lightning Darts on Ebay. 200 dollars or best offer. I am pretty sure everyone has them and I was just going to use what I had but they look to be in very good condition. I made an offer anyway though. How much do you guys think is a good price to pay for them?

Good condition whitewalls are a steal at that price. You could resell them for more. I don't have any yet, probably be the last part I get

Last edited:
I may have over looked it but what is everyone using to make the handlebar link looking piece on the right hand side? between the grip and the mirror?

Some have made theirs out of Aluminum, custom machined. Mine is a piece of PVC pipe painted silver. It works, but doesn't look as good as the real deal metal collar.
6318658354_6a7059ba4e_z.jpg

Good condition whitewalls are a steal at that price. You could resell them for more. I don't have any yet, probably be the last part I get

If you guys are listening to me...:behave
I wouldn't pay that much I would offer "him" 50 + 20 shipping that is fair.. your going to end up with maybe 2 good ones All and Most of These Lightning Dart white walls are from the 80s they were re-poped with Chinese rubber the tires I have seen Crack between the black and white edge... The bead also tears because they are weak and I have seen several tires blow out from a ripped bead... You can already see the cracks in the side wall pic and the beads are real rusty NO Buéno!!!

Just for the record this guy schwinnvixen or "JC" is the same guy that sold the $16,000 Pee-wee bike to the The Bicycle Museum of America He parts out a lot of bikes those photos should be better!

I didn't see the auction, but I stand by my statement that 5 good condition lightning dart indian head whitewalls are a good buy at 200. Hell, i've seen them sell on thecabe for 150 a pair.

I didn't see the auction, but I stand by my statement that 5 good condition lightning dart indian head whitewalls are a good buy at 200. Hell, i've seen them sell on thecabe for 150 a pair.

:thumbsupYou can stand by your statement all day long but these tires in the auction for 5 at 200 will not be worth riding on so I guess you will be walkin home from the ride...:unsure

I just finished saying I wasn't referring to the tires in the auction.

I hear you but your wrong there! These tires used to sell for 10 bucks each a realist good price on a good set would be 60-80 but no cracks this will never happen because these tire cracked when they were new prove me wrong don't get ripped off!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back