Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Too bad, that was an awesome price

Blatant off topic posting here, but if anybody wants to check out my latest non Pee-wee bike project, it's here.

Last edited:
I rode the bike in a local arts parade recently. Lots of questions and compliments about it. I still need to add some finishing touches, but I'm happy with the way it came out so far.
pw138.jpg

Thanks, guys. On the day that photo was taken I was riding through the city when two 20-something guys sitting on their porch yelled "That's the Pee Wee Sherman bike!" A few minutes after that, some guy in a pickup truck yelled "That's the baddest bike I've ever seen!" Then some older lady told me that she was fascinated by the spiral effect of the front wheel as I rode past her earlier. This bike is an attention getter! Keep plugging away on your bikes, guys. Don't let this thread die!

I haul mine on my roof rack although it makes me nervous a van or minivan would be best. Just to drop this bike once can do a lot of damage.

I haul my bike in the rear of my truck with a bike stand and straps, but freeway speeds sometime cause some issues.
BTW bikes looking great Jack.
Abe

I got some work done today. It's been awhile since I made any headway on this bike, felt good to get a little closer to finished.

What I did today was (finally) finish up my tank badges. I had made them months ago, out of MDF and styrene, but they were flat on the backside, and didn't contour to the shape of the tank at all.
6643565545_6d67d06e5a_z.jpg

I couldnt use them like that, so I needed to contour the backside to the shape of the tank. Easy enough. Lay down some masking tape on the tank, apply a ton of bondo to the back of the badge, and squish it on. When it dries you can take it off, and the shape is perfect.
tb01.JPG

tb02.JPG

Clean up the edges with a handheld power sander, and test fit it to the tank.
tb03.JPG

tb04.JPG

Reapply the chrome tape, and epoxy them to the tank. All in all, about 4 hours of work, including the bondo drying time. I should have done this a long time ago.
tb05.JPG

tb06.JPG

Those do look great and nice how to. My badges are one of the things I want to redo as they are just chrome taped aluminum with no thickness

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back