Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hey Ant,

Sometimes you can come across the original "La Tigre Della Stada" Super Siren on ebay. For some reason they spring up alot in December. Maybe because they'd make an awesome Stocking stuffer..

Hey Guys I just wanted to introduce myself name is Ant. I am thinking of taking on the daunting task of recreating Pee Wee's Bike :)
I read through some of the earlier posts someone made a replica of the lion/tiger siren but I do not see it for sale anywhere. I wanted to get the siren first as I currently have a bright red bmx bike and want to put the siren on it while I am building the schwwinn :)
Could someone idrect me or let me know where I can get the replica of the siren?
thanks
ANt

Another option is to make your own out of Sculpey. Then it costs like 20 bucks instead of $300+! :)

Another option is to make your own out of Sculpey. Then it costs like 20 bucks instead of $300+! :)

That's true, but he was asking where to buy a replica. You can always make your own, but it'll never be as accurate as Abe's which is molded off an original, and has the electronics in it. Whatever you decide to do, show pictures, and start with getting the frame!

Just to get it out there I won't be making selling those sirens for a while, Ed moved and he's got the molds. I also will only be making maybe 1 or 2 more to sell. I recommend building the bike and leaving that for a last purchase. They also pop up on ebay sometimes.

I am really glad I found this forum. I have looking into adding some Pee Wee features to my new Schwinn Windwood Cruiser I bought last Christmas. I thought it looked like a pretty good replica without having to change or modify anything to it yet. I emailed Abe to get some advice with it as I have never worked on bikes before. I have only built small car models. It's amazing what some of you have accomplished with your bikes. Does anyone have any extra parts they are willing to sell before I start looking into buying them on Ebay? Thanks, Matt

I am really glad I found this forum. I have looking into adding some Pee Wee features to my new Schwinn Windwood Cruiser I bought last Christmas. I thought it looked like a pretty good replica without having to change or modify anything to it yet. I emailed Abe to get some advice with it as I have never worked on bikes before. I have only built small car models. It's amazing what some of you have accomplished with your bikes. Does anyone have any extra parts they are willing to sell before I start looking into buying them on Ebay? Thanks, Matt

Welcome. I knew nothing about bikes before I started this Pee-wee project, now I've built 6 vintage bikes. You'll learn as you go, and have fun doing it.

I have read all the posts on this topic and wanted to start out with something small to add to my bike. I know you guys said that the spin discs are 8" diameter and sheet metal painted red with white vinyl. I don't have access to cutting sheet metal nor am I good at building things like that. Is that something I could ask a machine shop to make for me? How did you guys make the white vinyl swirlies?

Abe may have some of the spinner discs still to sell but you still need to paint them..only a handfull of the stuff is actual ebay material.. and the most stick out Peewee stuff is all fabricated..

As for the Electronics part Abe did you use a different siren and put the molded lion on front or did you get your hands on the Original Electronics?

as seen on poster not in movie...i still want one of the other sirens as they so goofy. you never see those ones for sale..like back in the day hey mommy can i get this alien fish head thing siren for my bike?

As for the Electronics part Abe did you use a different siren and put the molded lion on front or did you get your hands on the Original Electronics?
the siren electronics is probally the easiest to get just get a super siren, although i believe Abe modified his sirens to flash

The large tiger siren has a light on the radar and it shines through the jewel too. I actually have a original blue one too. But that might never be for sale.
my sirens just light up like the original, but they use LED not the old incandescent bulbs.
There is a correct bell on ebay. BIN 30.00 mickey mouse ringer item 330737935523 not mine.

Here's a link to the donor siren I used. No lights though.
Super Siren with Mic Yellow Horn Bike Bicycle | BikeWorldUSA

If anyone is interested, I might be able to mold a tiger head, siren housing and red bubble for them. I can't do the back plate of the siren housing as that mold is destroyed. The tiger head would be unpainted and it would be up to you to make the bracket and back plate. Send me a pm with your email address if interested. Just an FYI, this mold was taken from a Taiwan tiger siren (like the one on Ebay now), not the screen-accurate Italian one that Abe's is cast from.

blanktiger.jpg

Here's what it looks like when painted:
PeeWeeSiren008.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back