Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Creebobby,
Here are my favorites

I guess we should have...
"X1, Pee Wee, "The best bike in the world", Made in the USA.

I like the Playhouse door shape. No sure what the consensus on that one is.

So who is going to run these by Mr. Rubens?????

Last edited:
So how many people are going to need the red and amber lenses? I'm looking to get a couple sets, but maybe I check for a deal by getting more sets?
I'll post my results as I talk to the guy.

Just got off the phone with lens seller, he says 5.00 each.
I'm looking at getting 6 reds and 2 ambers. I currently already have 2 ambers.

Any one else?? Just PM, when I get a total, I just but the lot and then collect.
It'll probably be about 5-7 bucks shipping in the states.

Abe

Hi all... I've been working on a bike of my own and accumulating parts for the last 3 years. If anyone is interested in kickstarting their own project check out the FS thread I just posted

PW BIKE LOT

Ohhh and if it doesn't sell, I'll also be interested in a set of skirt guards Doc, lol :lol

-Jay

Some folks asked if I could post some scans of the press kit photo I had showing the different style Mickey Mouse bell... Here is a low res version, a zoom on the bell, and a link to the full sized pic. Also a great shot of the tiger head held on with gaffer tape, lol.

image.aspx

image.aspx

Click here for full size picture...

Tiger Siren Caution

The gaffer tape is no joke.
I mounted my Tiger Siren replica from Kansas Jack to my Schwinn Speedster, and then headed out for the bar that night. One block from the bar I hit a pothole and then SNAP! the tiger head was flying through the air.
Luckily the mic was attached to the handlebars, and the mic cord acted as a bungee, but the bottom of the siren is all cracked and the mic is pulled clean from its socket.
If anybody is mounting a resin tiger siren, I recommend you reinforce the inside of the box with a ring of fiberglass or some kind of extra support. That's what I plan to do when I glue mine back together. The mounting plate overkill used on P.W.s bike is there for a reason!

Also, regarding tiger heads, I've noticed that the tiger head was re-sculpted for the movie - they built up the cheeks, extended the sides of the white snout wider, and built up the eyebrows. Also, the teeth are crooked. Maybe they cut off the teeth, sloppily cast the resculpted head toothless (one for each bike) and then glued on teeth that were cast separately. I didn't notice all this until I tried to paint my tiger head to match a screen grab.

Also, just for weirdness sake, the tiger head is actullay not just a tiger head.

It's the head of a japanese wrestling character named Tiger Mask.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nick

Re: Tiger Siren Caution

The gaffer tape is no joke.
I mounted my Tiger Siren replica from Kansas Jack to my Schwinn Speedster, and then headed out for the bar that night. One block from the bar I hit a pothole and then SNAP! the tiger head was flying through the air.
Luckily the mic was attached to the handlebars, and the mic cord acted as a bungee, but the bottom of the siren is all cracked and the mic is pulled clean from its socket.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened, Jacob. Don't worry about gluing your broken housing. I'll cast a fresh one this weekend and send it to you at no charge. I didn't have any issues with mine, but I did consider reinforcing the bottom anyway since the mounting area seems pretty vulnerable over bumpy roads.

Here we have an unaltered Tiger Head next to a PW bike head.

pee-wees-big-adventure-bike-vlcsnap-39378.png-43494d1295717322

attachment.php

Nick

Great shots Nick... they show exactly what I mean about the diffence in the size of the housing from the head in the movie and the heads on Ebay. As a comparison, here is the Italian one I have. The bottom of it looks different as well.

image.aspx

Wow, thats alot of cool info about the Tiger Siren... I thought they had just repainted it... Didnt realize it was resculpted...

Thanks for posting that promo picture of Peewee... Its nice to know there are two options for bells...

So who is going to run these by Mr. Rubens?????
I heard he was meeting and greeting after the Broadway shows (my friend went in December), but that run has ended:( Maybe I could get some samples to him through the mail with an SASE and a plea for Pee-Wee help. There's always email, too - doesn't he Twitter?

In any case I'll try to work up some better drafted versions.
On headbadges - I don't remember seeing any shots of the bike from the movie where there's any headbadge at all. Has anyone seen one?
I believe the Planes/Trains headbadge on the BMoA ebay bike was added sometime after the movie to make the bike more 'correct' as a Schwinn DX - it was obviously futzed with in other ways, and the story goes that the guy who sold it didn't realize it was a peewee bike and sold parts off it at swap meets.
But for me, the headbadge is sort of the soul of a bike, so I'm all for it, screen accurate or not.

Headbadge Sample 1

Here's the first custom brass headbadge design in two variations.

View attachment 43742

View attachment 43743

Also, I now realize there's a headbadge on the movie poster bicycle. It looks like a vintage Schwinn 'FLEET' Greyhound badge!
That would make sense because PW got the whole bicycle inspiration from the studio lot bikes at WB, which may have been Schwinns all badged with the FLEET headbadge.
Should I redesign the custom PeeWee badge after the Fleet design?

View attachment 43745

View attachment 43744

Re: Headbadge Sample 1

Holy smokes! Those badges look great! I especially like the top one. As far as the Fleet badge goes, the movie poster bike is so far from accurate that I don't really think of it as the Pee Wee bike. I think your badges look great as is. I supposed you could try to incorporate the shape of Fleet badge, but it may not leave enough room for all the wording. And the wording is the best part.

Yeah, those badges look great! I agree with Kansas Jack... The poster bike with the fleet badge looks heavily retouched and might not have been used for filming... I think im still going with the planes and trains badge that can be seen on the bicycle museum X-1... Here is my planes and trains badge ill be using along with whatever we pick for a custom... I was going to go with an all chrome look but the chrome and gold came out looking pretty good...

img0286u.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back